MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #1
apowers2k
Registered Member

Default problems starting car, please help

hi everyone, i have a 02 gt, im having a problem starting my car, it doesnt happen always, but its happening pretty often, when i turn the ignition key my car wants to start as you can hear it making the noise to start, but it just wont start, i then stop and try again, and it does the same thing, but then usually it starts after trying again a couple of times, but it still doesnt sound like its starting normal. thank god this doesnt happen everyday, but its happening quite often and its pissing me off b/c i have a new car and to have problems like this with a new car is ridiculous. i took it to ford, they ran diagnostics on it, but they found nothing in the computer to say that i have a problem, i dont know whether or not to believe them and i also dont think that the computer is going to tell if there is a problem with some wiring or the ignition switch. Ford always has some new issue with there cars, as much as I LOVE them, they always have some kind of problem. however, when the car decides to start, it sounds perfectly normal. if anyone has any idea what i can do or knows what could be the problem, it would be of great help please, b/c it sucks when this happens when im with a chick , please any suggestions would be great, thanks again
apowers2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:17 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Sounds like the fuel pump or fuel pump relay. Tell the Ford guys to replace them both under warranty, because neither would trigger a code.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote