MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #1
stanggirl777
Registered Member

Default 65'wheels

Hi everyone,
I need to know if anyone can tell me if they have or if they know how to put big wheels on a 65' mustang coupe or if an 8" wheel will fit in the front.....I am afraid that I will run into rubbing if the rim is that wide...any suggestions?
stanggirl777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: 65'wheels

I am running 14 X 7 Cragars on my 65. I have a friend with 15 X 7's on his. I know of some guys with 16 X 7's . I have seen late model Bullitt wheels 17 X 8 on a 65, but it took some huge spacers that looked scary to me. What do you have in mind? Is the wheel/tire combo available to test fit? If you can, the wheel can be mounted and you can turn the steering wheel lock to lock while someone checks for clearance. From there what really matters is how you drive it into the corners!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote