MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
greenwing03
Registered Member

Default Too Lean

I have recently had my 302 stroked and along with that came several problems i.e map sensor, mass, speed density all that stuff!
Now that I have thoes problems worked out I have noticed that my 347 runs way lean. The valves rattle like mad when I put it under a load and it starts to cut out. I had it check out and the result was lean. I have been told that the injectors need to be upgraded and I don't know **** about Injectors. I have a 1990, 302/347 any Help or hints?
Thank you
greenwing03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
Greenlx5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Too Lean

At least you should go with a set of 30lb injectors for that combo, don't forget to change the mass air also to match the injectors.
Greenlx5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
greenwing03
Registered Member

Default Re: Too Lean

Ok, I understand this
So today I called summit and ask the to tell me what type/brand injectors I need to put with this Mass air sensor that I purchased from them one year ago to solve this problem. Now I find out that they sold me one that is calibrated to 19lb injectors and I would need a new one, plus injectors. Do ya see what i'm saying! Why would their tech guy not tell me this from the start. He new I had a stroked engine would he not be far elong enough in his training as the "tech" or is this just selling more parts thing.
thanks last for reply Greenlx5.0,
Mark
greenwing03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: