MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-15-2001, 02:36 AM   #1
mustang marty gt

Post TRUCK'S

are there no truck people around , yes my stang is my baby, but my old 87 f-150 is my daily work hoss it's a little custumised oop's needs a paint job , but has almost 200,000 miles with no major repair's except the cam gear let go , got that repaired , & it still keeps going , but i stay on top of my oil change's etc , i have had a lot of freind's begging me to sell it to them , but no way. i do try to let it rest for 2 or 3 week's at a time , it, s old & getting a little raggedy , but if it was a chevy it would probably be in the junkyard by now , well anybody who like's f-150's let me know you're out there - still stroking 300 6 banger granny 4 speed aka 3 speed

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 05:13 AM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Talking

I love my f150 I think it is great. I love to drive it around. It is my dail driver and i will never own anything else as a daily driver. I have a 97 extended cab xlt 5.4l short bed. With the dual flows on it sounds failry mean. IT is way more fun to drive than the 96 mustang gt i had. It is smooth and dirves just like any car i have ever had. I think ford trucks are by far the best thing they make. I needed something to towe my mustang around with me so i fiqured and would try one out and i fell in love right away.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 09:05 AM   #3
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I don't know if you consider my Converion Van a "Truck", but I sure do love it. Great on trips, lots of room, but a little thirsty at the gas pump.

Have you been to the http://www.ford-trucks.com boards. Lots of Ford guys there.

------------------
'89 LX 5.0 - 5 speed. Original Owner
'94 E-150 4.9 Conversion Van
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:56 PM   #4
mustang marty gt

thanks for reply,s yes van,s are cool too , you have the same gas loving 4.9 i have but they are tough ,hey 69 you never cease to amaze me how many car,s do you have? take care over there in the danger zone see ya guy's.

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 03:48 PM   #5
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

I really like Mustangs alot as that I've previously owned two. An 87 GT and a 96 GTS. BUT I REALLY love my LIGHTNING! Especially since it would hang with my 96 in the quarter and then it corners like a vette in the twisties. Gotta love it!!

------------------
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019

[This message has been edited by 96GTS (edited 09-17-2001).]
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 11:22 PM   #6
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

het 96GTS , oh yeah! you have the truck i alway's wanted your'e lucky there are a few arund, here but those guy's will not get rid of them ,i don't blame them.good luck with your'e b. a. lightning se ya!

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 04:52 AM   #7
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Trucks are cool too i have a 72 f-100 auto with a 302 and it's a great old truck my grandpa bought it new hardley any rust and it only has 91k origanal.And we tow our stangs with a 99 f-350 dualey now thats a truck that truck is a land yacht and it drives like a car and it's a powerstroke

------------------
1991 LX NOTCHBACK 3.73'S,C-4,100 SHOT
paracing.net
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 08:40 AM   #8
mustang marty gt

Angry

dirty GT that's cool i tried to get my grandfather's truck when he died , uncle' & aunt's wanted to sell it, i offered to make payment's but they wanted the money right then oh well. i could kick my self in the --- i was driving home, & right near my house was a 70 model f-100on a trailer, i stopped , it wasn't a show truck by any means, i went looking for the guy selling it, turn's out he used to be my neibhor a few years back, i asked, what he wanted before i even looked at it, he said 400.00 i went over to lok at it, it had a big block, he told me the water pump was shot, 3 speed on the tree i noticed it had m/t valve cover's that had 427 in a cicle, i asked him what engine was in it , he said it was a 390 , i told him i didn't have 400 .00 hasked if i had anything to trade i told him i could get him a 32. magnum pistol he said no ,but to make a long story short, a couple of week's went by , i stopped again he had taken the tranny out i started looking for id number's all i found was on the back of the block, where the flywheel was gone it said, 66 -427! crap i offered the same deal , he said no so i offered to make payment's, he said no again he knew where i lived, two day's later it was gone i stopped again & asked him where it was, his reply , i hauled it to the junkyard for 50.00 ,damn i would have given him 50.00 for it oh well. the guy at the junkyard was laughing his you know what off when the guy drove away, with his whopping 50 spot. see ya.

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 01:12 AM   #9
COBRA66
Registered Member

My house looks like a ford truck commercial. Between my 95' Bronco and 66' stang and my parents 99' f350 crew cab duelly, 97' expedition and the ol' 53' f100 out back. I wouln't have it any other way, cause ford trucks kick serious arse.
COBRA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 02:58 AM   #10
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

cool cobra my driveway , whole freakin , house looks like a ford , dealership i love my old 87 it' one tough sob i even go 4 wheeling in it & it's a 4 x 2 only got stuck once but iwas not driving uurr , only have ford's in my driveway , did have a buick , got rid of it, i only bought it because my sis bought it new, & it was wll maintaned sold it 2 month's later it got totaled by my old lady's neice may it rust in peace.i would like to have a 67 or so ranger xlt or late 60's bronco maybe , someday , but the old87 & my oogt will do for now. you're lucky having that many truck's - real truck's .see ya

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 08:53 PM   #11
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have only had 2 cars and one truck. I have no idea what i was doing with the 96 gt. I quess it is cuz i got a great deal on it. But the truck i have just popped up out of nowhere. I actually found it at a GM dealership by accident, but it was just so perfect and they cut me a deal. What i really miss is when i was in high school my parents had an 78 f350 with a 460 talk about a ba truck that thing was awesome.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:48 PM   #12
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I like my Stangs over the years. I am even going to build a kit Cobra soon. BUT, my 77 Bronco still is my best friend. My Jack Russell Terriers love it too,windows everywhere.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 12:04 AM   #13
mustang marty gt

Thumbs down

hey 460 i know what you mean hell i didnt, think anyone else was on here , from tn i do love my old 150 she has been a hoss , from day one it is really special because, when my father -in -law passed on he left it to me it ticked my brother in law off , but i was the only one who would drive 60 mile's to go help him, his son lived across the street. go figure damm i wish mine had a 460 in it maybe, someday , are you in east ,middle or west tn. my best freind live's in camden, he's aford boy too he bought a dodge, traded it in on anew f-150. said the ram was ok , but had to go back to a real truck. see ya.don't know what happened with the thumb down i pushed thumb's up , sorry.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 02:36 AM   #14
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Im in Kodak Tennessee. Thats Sevier County.

Just somthing about a Truck I guess.

I like to cruise Cades Cove and places. Take my mtn bike to ride.

People always stair at my Old Sport Utility Vehicle. Its always a attention getter. (Wife dont care too much for that though.) hehe
Old 09-26-2001, 02:50 AM   #15
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

hey 460 i thought i was the only night owl around , i'm about 32 mile's above chattanooga , have to work there just , don't want to live i ROCK CITY crazy place know what you mean about the bronc my old lady won't even get in my truck , cause it has a little bit of rust on it big deal , it ain't a bad looking ride just need's a paint job i't s got mag's wide hoosier tire's etc i have just let it sit around too long will cherry it though , one day a lot of my friend's have tried to get me to sell it nooooo noo .see ya.

------------------
Old 09-27-2001, 12:04 AM   #16
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Heres a typical conversation with wife,about Bronco.

Hey honey, lets take the Bronco. WIFE..No....ME..Why not?.....WIFE..Cause I hate that thing.

She wont answer why she hates it, just hates it.

Im thinking possibly because of the dog hair or the mud I track. Could be the grease though. Seeing the road under yuor feet,dont help either.

Mine currently has the driver door/fender off. Im fixing the floor board, (Tired of losing shoes) and anyhing else I drop. The inner fender is rusted is a spot, early Broncos suffer this.

I plan to restore it back close to original.

Rock City, ugg. I see more Rock City things here than Dolly Wood stuff. They must pay good to paint a barn with that on it.

I work a crazy shift 4 on 4 off. Wife is sleeping so im on this thingy.

I wont post again until monday night.
Old 09-27-2001, 12:24 AM   #17
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

cool 460 , my poor ol truck ain't been washed since 95 , don't want the rust to spread , it ain't bad yet but is starting to get away on me my frind want's to paint it but then some ******* might steal it , i do need to park & fix a few thingh's before they become major, drove it tonight, it seem's like if , im im stang stupid , bad sh-t happen' , but if im in my truck , everybody steer's clear . yeah i hate chatt. but have to work in the sh--hole i live out in the country 32 miles north of it, it's worth the gas i can go out on my 5 acre's & shoot my little toy's no problem . drive's my yankee neighbor's crazy though they don't mess with me ,ooopp's i'm married to a yankee . she's cool though been here most of her life. take car you have one of the last real great size bronc's.

------------------
Old 10-02-2001, 07:16 PM   #18
bri32z
street racing junkie

I used to have a 79 4x4 with military running gear and a blueprinted and balanced 428cui in her. I ran 39" bogger tires and with full posi-traction it was awsome. I used to race it in the mud boggs in South GA every weekend and it won almost every time. All I did was put it in 3rd gear in low low and stomp it and never change gears. This truck was fast in the mud. It had so much tourqe. w/4;56 gears. I sure do miss her. I almost love it as much as my stang---ALMOST. Was tired of tearing up the body every time I took it out in the woods. DO not think I could handle the bumps now with my old weakend body. Good topic Marty

------------------
95 gt:347 stroker balanced,edelbrock 150 shot, edelbrock intake and heads ported and matched, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, 2040 cam, 1.7 cobra rockers,cold air induction, bbk equal lengths,high flow h-pipe, super chip, 24lb injectors,190lph fuel pump(bbk), under drive pulleys, 4;30 gears, Has other mods but not too sure what my mechanic did. Hoping for low 11's in the 1/4 mile. To see all mods look at my spec page.

My Car: [URL=http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:26 PM   #19
mustang marty gt

Wink

brie i know what you mean my neighbor had a76 f-250front winch , never used, with a460 built 33's etc i told him if he ever wanted to sell it let me know, well i moved out to the country ,yes even farther, he came by about 6 month's later in a new toyota i asked where is old blacky , answer 'i traded it in on the toyota uuuggghh.see ya .
don't know what's going on this whole board is screwed up tonight , it just kicked me out & then posted my reply twice?
------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 07:29 PM   #20
mustang marty gt

Wink

brie i know what you mean my neighbor had a76 f-250front winch , never used, with a460 built 33's etc i told him if he ever wanted to sell it let me know, well i moved out to the country ,yes even farther, he came by about 6 month's later in a new toyota i asked where is old blacky , answer 'i traded it in on the toyota uuuggghh.see ya .

------------------