MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Ford Show & Go (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Florida Get Together (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=33827)

lx mike 02-10-2003 06:41 PM

Florida Get Together

Ok all you florida people chime in here and lets see about a informal get together sometime in april in orlando for a day or night of racing, bs'ing and just hanging out and meeting some fellow mustangers. I checked there web site and they have a funday sunday on april 6th. sean start asking the wife now and maybe she will let you and the cobra come hang with the guys. nixon: get the head gasket fixed!! jax: hopefully you can make it. anyone heard from ezridn?? haven't seen much from him. Mattwantsspeed: you here?? anyone else i missed come on in!!

jj_jonathon 02-10-2003 09:05 PM

sundays dont work for me...i have class on monday at 9:30am...saturdays work better...if at all possible

venumus93 02-11-2003 12:31 PM

Cool! I will work on the wife on this one for sure! Sunday is an all day event so you don't have to stay late, so come on jj!!! It's only 1 1/2 hours away!!!!
Hope to see some more Board guys on here!!!!
later!

Sean

jj_jonathon 02-11-2003 12:38 PM

i just need times i guess :)

lx mike 02-11-2003 12:51 PM

The event runs from 10am- 5pm sunday.

http://www.speedworlddragway.com/

venumus93 02-23-2003 09:02 AM

got my kitchen pass!

I'll be there for sure now! Got my OK this weekend! Now to try a couple tricks & see if I can keep up with lx mike!!!;)
Really hope to see some more Fl Board guys in here & out there!!!
Later!
Sean

lx mike 02-23-2003 05:54 PM

Sean, thats great news. lets see who else we can get out there!!

venumus93 03-02-2003 03:34 PM

anybody...anybody???

Anyone else think they be able to come on out??? Jax? EZ?
It would be really cool for a bunch of Board members to egt together at one central meet every once in a while. I know of other car clubs/forum members that do this all of the time! So, come on out everyone!!!:D
Later!

Sean

JaxTheDJ 03-03-2003 09:13 PM

I wont know until The new shedule from our local track comes out for April,right now we run points on Sundays and I am in the points series,if they change to Friday nites in April,i'm good to go,if not I will have to take a rain check ( damn). I sure am looking forward to meeting you guys,hope it works out,if not maybe a Sat. nite at Gainesville soon.

jj_jonathon 03-04-2003 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JaxTheDJ
I wont know until The new shedule from our local track comes out for April,right now we run points on Sundays and I am in the points series,if they change to Friday nites in April,i'm good to go,if not I will have to take a rain check ( damn). I sure am looking forward to meeting you guys,hope it works out,if not maybe a Sat. nite at Gainesville soon.
depending on the saturday night, i may or may not be here...otherwise, ill be back up here this summer for FFW at gainesville as long as the weather looks promising...so make plans for ffw june 6-8!

JaxTheDJ 03-15-2003 08:55 AM

Just keeping the thread current,I may make it after all,we are switching to Fridays in April :)
Jack

jj_jonathon 03-19-2003 11:09 AM

I'll at bithlo for sure (as of right now) for April 6th. I know of a few others from RHC going too. PM me if you wanna switch cell #s to meet up!

venumus93 03-19-2003 11:24 PM

PMalert!

jj:
check your PM....I'll chat at ya when the day gets closer!
Man, I got work to do to get this car ready & make a good showing!!!:D
Later!

Sean

lx mike 03-20-2003 02:21 PM

sean, it's not a car show it's a race!! Are any of you buddies gonan be there?? the gtp guys?? tell them i wanna run them in my "stock 5.0! :D :D

venumus93 03-20-2003 03:01 PM

all show & no go????

Mike,

I'm not sure if any of the GTP guys will be there. They are all going to the SLP free raceday the prior Saturday so we'll see. I know my buddy noxcape won't be racing that day, but I think plenty of the Orlando-based guys head out there to every event, so we'll see. I'll line you up against 1 or 2 if they are there so you can give them a good whooping!
As far as my car goes....I hope to have all the hp of the cobra freed-up by then & all the freebie mods finally done...I should have no traction problem with your McCrearys, right??:D
Later!

Sean

lx mike 03-30-2003 07:48 AM

Brining this back up for anyone that is interested. 1 week left guys! Sean you do all your "freebie" mods yet??

venumus93 03-30-2003 09:23 AM

yo!

Quote:

Originally posted by lx mike
Brining this back up for anyone that is interested. 1 week left guys! Sean you do all your "freebie" mods yet??
hey Mike. I'll have the car ready on Friday, will just need to bolt on your McCrearys at the track....:D
Check your PM about track day details...I'll be there, but barely....:(
Later!

Sean

lx mike 03-30-2003 09:30 AM

I don't see the p.m?

venumus93 03-30-2003 09:33 AM

it's a BOOK!

...and took a while to type....
later!

venumus93 04-07-2003 09:00 PM

Funday/not-so-Funday

1 Attachment(s)
I had a pretty good time out there on Sunday...got burnt pretty good on the face & neck, but still had fun banging gears for a day. Didn't run too well, only got a 14.15/2.167 short time/99.64MPH as my best frot he day, but still had fun! Got to run a guy named Joe who lives just a few miles from me with his '93 LX 5.0. We were even every race(4 times) until I shifted into 3rd & would edge him out by about .1 VERY fun side-by-side racing!!!!:D :D
Here's a pic of me launching on my street tires with no front sway bar....take it easy & we'll catch up with y'all later..

Sean