View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 07:47 PM   #13
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
..and there are plenty of die hard republicans (and I know many parents and other people personally like this) that would vote for the republican just because of the party affiliation...they would just rather see a rep. in office than vote on the issues...these are the types of people that see that jeb is george w.'s brother and like that fact too....gwb helped in jeb's campainging, so you cant tell me that that had no effect on the voters....
Why is it that the ones that voted for Bush did so based on party affiliation, and the ones that voted for McBride did so based on his political views???

Sounds a little one-sided to me.

Bro, there is more to life than funding poor kids in school. No one paid my way, and I turned out okay. Alright, bad example, but still...

While that may have been your top concern, the senior citizens were probably worried about making ends meet on their fixed income, and worried about where they were going to come up with the added expenses they will incur in order to pay the new taxes McBride would have levied in order to raise money to send poor kids to school.

I agree that school is very important, but there is no reason a kid can't get a job and go to a cc.

In my perfect world, the federal government would serve 3 purposes. It would see to it that everyone had the chance to go to school for as long as they needed, that everyone had health coverage for their entire life, and that we were protected from any outside enemy.

That's it. Everything else should be the peoples responsibility to govern over.

Whoa. I started to get political there. Screw that! We're gonna have 12' to 15' sets tomorrow!!! Gotta go wax my board!

C-ya
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote