MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2001, 11:26 AM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Post What a weekend!

This weekend, The wife and I went on our honeymoon. We stopped in Rockingham to visit my mom, and grandparents. While we were there, we saw over 30 classic Pontiacs. GTO's, Firebird's, Tempest's, you get the idea. Well come to find out, the Hot Rod Power Tour was in town, and my God the cars were pouring in! Needless to say, I didn't want to leave, but Wilmington was calling me. So we were off.
We got to Wilmington around 5 o'clock, and checked in to our hotel. Driving down to the water front, we had several Fox GT's jump at us,but we were to tired from driving to take the bait. I hope one of them wasn't rbatson.
It was so nice to get out of town for a few days, I'd post everything now, but I am still tired from the trip. Just wanted to put my thoughts down. Hey Batson, ever race a Green notch back with a silver tach on the hood? Just wondering if he was as fast as he thought he was. Later!

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
94 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:06 PM   #2
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

eyyy

I wanted to head down to rockingham for that.. was busy. A buddy is in the piedmont pontiac association.. or.. something like that. We put a 6spd in his 69 goat not long ago.. mmmmmmm GTO

Imma try to get out to mville this wkend if i dont blow the o2 sensors outta my exh again ; ]

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:50 PM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

argh.. i hear theyre racing saturday.. no t&t this week i dont think

I'll prolly still be out there tho =)

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 09:44 PM   #4
rbatson

Talking

I was just about to post about some black 5.0 cobra that was too afraid of getting the "smack down" to race. Heeh, wasn't me buddy. I was sick all weekend, left the house for maybe an hour. I actually had a friend that wanted to go to Rockingham for that event, I was just too sick to go anywhere.

I will find out about that green notch for ya, I don't know that car right off hand. Maybe I'll get alittle vengence for ya .

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 03-21-2001, 05:07 PM   #5
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Talking

Heh heh heh. I thought about looking for ya, Batson, but I figured you'd come up with some sorry excuse! J/K! There was this one guy out there that was just asking for it, but I had my father in law driving, and the rest of us in the car(all 5 of us). It might have even been a close race. This guy had a Fox convertable, black, with a white Cobra R hood. And from the sound of it, nothing else.
Anyway, we just kinda chuckled at him, and my son said for us to flip him off. How can you argue with that?
SkarodoM, More than likely, I'll be out there this week end, depending on the weather. If you want give me call on Sat. morning and let me know if you are going out there or not. BTW, you should have seen all those GOAT's! I've always had a thing for Tempests, and GTO's. Too bad we didn't know aobut it in advance, or I would have been all over that. Anywho, email me and I'll send you my Phone number. That is if you want it.

Later all.

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
94 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote