MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Ford Show & Go
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #1
ponygirl95gt
Registered Member

Default MCA Grand Nationals in Ohio-my car did what?

Mustang Stampede-the almighty Grand Nationals-the mecca of car shows (for mustangs that is). With my 68 california special out of the running (still stuck in restore mode), I took my new toy-the 2003 black GT. Nothing done except driven hard (love 5 spd!). I had help taking up my serious competitor-a rare white GT Conv with red leather interior and black top w/ Cobra R rims. This was my anticipated show winner. I never see any car like this in the cruises or shows I attend. Cars parked side by side for the weekend, alot of viewers enjoyed and noted my 95 Gt. It was incredibly clean and loving upkept with dusters and q-tips and of course windex. The 2003, that was only taken just for the 5 hour drive! Just a wipe down. I was double whammied by both judges during judging time. Trying to speak with the ones doing my show stopper, I barely noticed the judges looking at my 2003. All I caught was-"beautiful car, love the interior, should really clean the inside step". Beautiful interior? The 2003 is basic w/ cloth interior, sure the pony stitch in the seats is cute, as well as the pony shifter. But that doesn't compare to the red leather with black trim in the 95-last of the great 5.0!! Which leads to the shocking conclusion the next day-awards ceremony. I won second place. Should be joyful but instead frustrating-it was for the 2003. Yeah, buy a car and win-that was how I felt. Then I found out I missed first place for I did not clean as well as my 95-which won nothing. Oh well, it was still a great experience. I should not rag on those who buy a car, do nothing to it, yet win awards. That will probably be me again when my 2007 Shelby GT500 comes in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: