View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 12:23 PM   #2
apenn

The big question I have is why to you want a Mustang? Do you love performance cars, and so you want a V-8 Mustang, or do you just like the style of the '99 and later Mustangs, so a V6 will do? According to Edmunds.com a '99 GT goes for between $12k and $15k, where as a V6 Mustang goes for between $9k and $11k.

I personally love fast cars, and for the $$ you're not going to find anything that will touch a V8 Mustang, no matter what the year. I owned an '89 5.0 LX, and I liked it's looks (nothing really earth shattering or sexy in the design department), but I LOVED it's performance and it was a very comfortable car to drive in, and actually very pratical as it was a hatch back. I had it for 2 years, drove it very hard, and never had a single problem with it, until I wrecked it (yes, the sign's are true, bridges DO freeze before the rest of the road).

I currently own a '00 GT and have done a number of mods to it and race it on occassion. Again THE reason I bought it was it's great performance, however I do love it's looks. I think this car is a little less practical than my '89 as it doesn't have a hatch back (which I wish it did, heck the car looks like it's a hatch back).

As far as reliability my two Mustang experiences have been excellent. Not a single problem with either of them, however I have/had not owned either car for more than 40k miles, so we'll see how things go as the miles pile up.

Good luck with your decision, hope my ramblings helped!