MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-18-2002, 10:03 PM   #1
polara7777
Registered Member

Talking Deals Gap here I come!!

Well my dad, best friend and I are all heading to Deals Gap tonight for a great day of riding tomorrow! Can't wait! Dad will be on his big 79 Suzuki GS1000S, I'll be on the lil 250 ninjette and Josh will be on an old 81 Honda CM400. I know I can at least take one of them! Going to be a blast, I'll let you all know how it was when I get back.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)

Last edited by polara7777; 05-19-2002 at 12:54 AM..
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
1fastchick
Registered Member

Just be careful it can become alot more than new and old riders can handle in a hurry. Lots of people go there to soon and end up wrecking BUT not saying your a newbie I am just pissed cause I can't make it there yet

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"
1fastchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 12:53 AM   #3
polara7777
Registered Member

Yeah I know it. I'm gonna take it easy the first couples run then play a bit. Still not gonna push too hard. I'll wait till I have my SV650. You'll have to let me know when you go. Might be able to meet up.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
Old 05-19-2002, 09:54 AM   #4
1fastchick
Registered Member

The 250 isn't a joke out there. There are MANY riders out there than run circles around the 600+cc riders

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"
Old 05-21-2002, 12:35 AM   #5
polara7777
Registered Member

Well made it back from Deals today. The trip didn't go at all as we'd planned. Kinda started bad fromthe get-go. As we were unloading the CM400 that was on the trailer to load the other 3 bikes up and dad dropped it on the side of the trailer and caved in the tank. OK no big deal we have a spare tank to replace that one that's leaking anyway. Then we can't get all 3 bike on the trailer and have to take turns riding the GS1000 up. Well about 175 miles into the trip the GS springs a nasty oil leak where the new oil cooler set-up my dad just put on goes into the motor. *sigh* Alright unload the Ninjette and load the GS and off we go again.Get up and unload the CM for Josh to ride and him and I take off while dad tinkers with the GS. Josh was taking it pretty slow and I stayed behind him for a bit then took off around him, not but 3 turns after I pass him I screw the pooch and overlean/undergas, tried to compensate with more gas but it was too late. The little Ninjette hits the deck and I go bouncing down the road a little bit. Luckily all it did was scratch up the fairing a bit and tear off the front left turn signal. (Have the rear's mounted in the tail light asssembly.) Nothing to bad on me just a bruised hip, shoulder, ankle and a scuffed elbow. (Got fabric burn from the jacket.) So I pick it up and have a smoke while I wait for the fluids to all settle back where they should be and survey the damage and off we go again. I took off first but Josh seemed to be having problems so I let him pass me and watched him for a bit. At about mile 9 he spiffs it in a big way. He just didn't have the experience to make a lot of split second decisions at once and was faced with a problem that he needed that and when he noticed he had a problem down shifted and locked up the rear. Baaaaddddd!!!! Kept it up until he hit the dirt then the bike went sideways caught and flipped. He got bruised up pretty good and got the wind knocked out of him. But was alright. The old CM400 on the other hand... We get to do some rebuilding for the next couple weeks. I eventually got a good run in with my dad on a test run with the GS and that was fun. He could have walked off and left me at anytime but he didn't which I appreciated. Met some great people and had a blast all things considered. Ready to go do it again soon!
Old 05-21-2002, 12:56 AM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs down

Damn man, that Realllly sucks! I'm sorry to hear that...
Old 05-21-2002, 12:58 AM   #7
polara7777
Registered Member

Ahh no biggie. Parts for both bikes are cheap. The cool thing is that we were both alright and still had a good time.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #8
1fastchick
Registered Member

Sry to hear the dragon took a bite out of you guys but at least you guys are okay and no one was really hurt.
I will get down there one of these day I swear

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"
Old 05-21-2002, 12:32 PM   #9
polara7777
Registered Member

Let me know when you do. I'll try and get back up there.