MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Car Craft summer nationals!!

Anybody else going? I went last year and it was awesome, tons and tons of cool cars. I highly recommend it.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
fordguy23
Registered Member

Default Re: Car Craft summer nationals!!

Where is this event located?

www.crazyhorseperformance.net

Specializing in 87 up mustang parts. New and Used

My website is for mustangs only. It has free classifieds forums and many other options...New pics and videos added daily. So check it out.
fordguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
drag79stang
Dont make me take my belt off

Oddly enough when I asked my wife if she wanted to go (haven't been there for ages), she said yes.
Well, needless to say we braved the heat (ok, it wasn't THAT bad, but it still was hot), we went up saturday afternoon. Were quite a few nice cars there. SAdly enough there were probably as many 'not so nice' cars there as well.
Stayed for the burnout contest, watched a few dyno runs, (can't those guys set up the cars any quicker?) :>) Then walked around for an hour or so, and went home. Carried a camera with the whole time, but I"ll be dammed if I snapped off even one photo. (guess I wasn't inspired).................
Although the silver GM product (impala or something..........think I saw it featured in summit, or some magazine), was toolin' around just before we left. That left an impression.......................but it's a chebbie..........:>(
drag79stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
bmxmon
Registered Member

I just got back, i thought it was awesome! (Sunday) The Hot Rod solstice was there, plus a bunch of other cars i've seen in magazines. The most wild car i saw was a 67 or 68 mustang fastback, customized like crazy, extremely smooth and extremely nice. The guys said it was all steel, the front end was very cool, stuck out about 3 or 4 inches farther from where a stock ones hood ends, but he did it so well that you couldnt tell until you spent some time studying the car. The thing that sucks the most is that I forgot to bring my digital camera, which i am still banging myself in the head for. Im a little over enthusiastic about cool cars, which i suppose makes it a little better for me. The fox mustangs were out in full force, but not much for the vintage stuff. Lots of camaros, quite a few second gens. Probably my favorite part is that cars are constantly driving around, so you can see/hear really cool cars all the time. Oh, and its over now, it was at the minnesota state fairgrounds in minneapolis.