MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If your from Michigan... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=16967)

restorin88stang 12-03-2001 09:36 AM

If your from Michigan...

If your from Michigan...post a reply and where in Michigan your from.

StangFlyer 12-03-2001 10:23 AM

Mustang Works, and myself, are right here in the Detroit Metro area (Farmington Hills).

Crazy Horse GT 12-03-2001 01:02 PM

most of my dads family lives in flint, i used to live in battle creek, go red wing's;)

Capri306 12-03-2001 01:32 PM

From the city....uh, I mean village :rolleyes: of Monroe. I'm a little closer to Toledo really, so I go there whenever I can. A LOT more street racing to be had in Toledo, too.

StangFlyer 12-03-2001 02:26 PM

Hey, that's cool Crazy Horse. I grew up in Flint. Lived in Lexington, Kentucky for five years after high school and then moved back to Flint where I went to college. I moved down to the Detroit area after I graduated from college.

exgmguy 12-03-2001 04:21 PM

I live in Warren. Right at the Warren/Detroit border.

Yes, my car is locked up safe in the garage. :D

TJR 12-03-2001 07:23 PM

Capri- Since you occasionally visit Toledo, Do you ever go to Parkway Plaza on Friday nights? In the summer, the parking lot is usually filled with cool cars.

Also, what's the street racing scene like?

RAGE_5.0 12-03-2001 11:17 PM

i'm from 45 mniutes south of windsor ontario does that count??????
ever heard of leamington???
didn't think so
we have a hiant tomato and a national park

Crazy Horse GT 12-04-2001 01:10 PM

hey dan did you know any simpson's in flint, if you did then ,they are probably my kin, if they had a brother named homer simpson ,hehe i swear that is my dad's name, then you met some of my kin folks ,go wing's.:D

Tim89LXvert 12-04-2001 01:42 PM

Capri,

I am in Toledo.... where is the street racing here?????

I have heard that the Parkway Plaza has a ton of cars on Friday night, but I think it is a non "race" hangout. I need to get over there in the spring and check it out.

Tim

exgmguy 12-04-2001 04:00 PM

The street scene in Michigan is awesome. If I try in the summer I can post a race damn near every day.

MTU 50 12-04-2001 09:56 PM

I'm from St. Clair Shores, which is about 10-15 minutes north of Detroit. Right now though, I'm way the hell up in the Upper Peninsula getting my BSMET at Michigan Technological University, which is in Houghton,MI BTW.

The Detroit area rocks. Not that much rice, mostly good ole' American Muscle.:D

Moxie 12-05-2001 12:52 PM

West side

Plymouth here

Stang Runner 12-05-2001 05:10 PM

I never could get many to race here I might have to make a Trip other there the the East side of the state From Grand Raipds area.

Capri306 12-05-2001 10:23 PM

Wait, how do I know y'all ain't the fuzz???? ;)

Well, I've never hung out at parkway plaza before. Ususally me an' the boyz are cruising Alexis, between Secor & Telegraph. We USED TO be able to park & b.s. at a restaurant near Alexis & Telegraph (with permission from the owner, mind you), then the cops turned into complete assholes and kicked us out. Now the idiot f**ks park their cop cars in that lot and make sure we don't hang out there. They're just jealous bastards who probably drive Toyotas for their regular car, and they never had a nice car when they were kids. Stupid-*** cops. Nobody's ever gotten hurt in a street race around there, at least among MY group, but they act like we're Black Plague on wheels. Oh well, we're still out there tearing it up, and this next season, we're going to have a lot faster toys to play with (boost and a little giggle gas, anyone?).

Tim89LXvert 12-06-2001 10:11 AM

I live just south of Alexis off of Bennett.

I don't get out too much for crusing late at night, so that is likely why I miss most of the fun.

FYI, there is a new rice shop that opened in Toledo on Laskey at Douglas... Defcon Motorsports.... can't wait to pick on on all the new rice boys and their toys.

Red514LX 12-07-2001 08:46 PM

I live in Detroit, MI. The notch is in shelby twp., MI. :o

TJR 12-07-2001 09:34 PM

Quote:

FYI, there is a new rice shop that opened in Toledo on Laskey at Douglas... Defcon Motorsports.... can't wait to pick on on all the new rice boys and their toys.
You should drive down here, the BGSU parking lots are full of imports. It seems like every car you pass has a huge wing, stickers, and bumble bee exhaust. I even saw a Type R civic today.:rolleyes:

ryan cornell 12-08-2001 08:09 AM

Little late but I'm here. Beverly Hills,MI.............

StangFlyer 12-08-2001 05:54 PM

I think some time next summer all of the Michigan members should get together some place on a weekend or something. Maybe even all meet a Milan or something for a MW members drag day... ;)