View Single Post
Old 05-30-2001, 07:45 PM   #13
juiceman
Registered Member

well, ill explain it as best i can. i dont have my extra flywheel with me to mesure it so i cant say if its a 164 or 157 tooth. you can use either one however the 164 is standard for all 351 apps. so i would assume that the company you got it from gave you that one. now, since you told dynamic that you had a 351 they will most likely assume you have the 164 flywheel. if you do not, then you will need the small bellhousing, not the big one which will most likely be on it. what you can do is mesure the bolt circle on the flywheel. small wheel is 10" 3/4 i believe and big wheel is 11" 1/2. not sure of the exact mesure but its close. you will need to know for sure what wheel you have so you can have dynamic send the right converter and housing. next thing, although when you have the motor balanced you give them the flywheel , it does not mean that you cannot change the flywheel. that motor is a 28 oz balance like all 351w's so any flywheel with that 28oz weight will work. be it small or big. otherwise, if for any reason your flywheel broke you would then have to rebalance the motor or be able to exactly duplicate the old wheel. not very practical. so be sure what wheel you have before you order anything. if you want to change wheels to a 164 tooth then all you have to do is get the wheel and put it on. just get the right weight balance. unless its internal balanced. which has no weight on the wheel.
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote