MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-05-2001, 02:08 PM   #21
66 Racer
Registered Member

yeah, i saw that, it looked pretty cool going through the meeting point. The racing wasnt that cool though, maybee thats because i like stand still racing. I have to agree that it looks like they were even, the supra did take off faster. The main thing i liked about the article were seeing the other cars, by the way i only saw one stang, looked like a 65 or 66 with rims, was primered. Oh yeah, they shouldnt have showed his wife so much, she basically said the same thing everytime.

l8er guys

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 4 barrel Holley 600cfm carb - Headers - Flowmaster 2 1/2 dual exaust
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 04:41 PM   #22
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Simple fact, I pass a cop at 55 mph in a 40 in the GF's Jimmy, no problem. Same cop, same speed, a day later in the stang I get pulled over. I've had the car 3 months now and have racked up 4 total stops, 3 for speeding in areas that everyone else and myself allways speed in. Get a car like ours and get a bulls eye on your chest.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 09:33 PM   #23
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer:
Simple fact, I pass a cop at 55 mph in a 40 in the GF's Jimmy, no problem. Same cop, same speed, a day later in the stang I get pulled over. I've had the car 3 months now and have racked up 4 total stops, 3 for speeding in areas that everyone else and myself allways speed in. Get a car like ours and get a bulls eye on your chest.

You too!, I wracked up 7 in one year spanning from Richmond Va to Va beach and all points in between.

My luckiest, pulling on to 64 from Newport News and nailing it till I topped out. Sate police pulled me over and said I was going 80 by the time I hit the highway. That dude caught up real fast (amazing how much top end a caprice has!). Got off with "Mr Young, thats a powerful car, slow it down). Tlak about pucker factor. I had to replace the seat cushion because it disappeared some place
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 04:38 AM   #24
StreetStang37
Registered Member

A $500,000 house isn't THAT great, that MIGHT be enough to buy a house in the GHETTO here. On another note, I didn't get pulled over today for doing 50 in a 35 (passed a cop about to do a U-Turn on to my direction, I made the first right I saw and he didn't follow. And also, yesterday, my friend thought he could beat me in first gear and just wanted to see what his car (V6 Camry)would run. We raced (up to middle of third, remember I have 3.73's, in a 35 zone) and when I looked in my mirror there was a cop behind me!! At the next light I made a U-Turn and he didn't follow. Some close calls recently on STUPID mistakes on my part, mistakes that I ALWAYS avoid. Thank you lord.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. High Flow H-Pipe & Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, Romoved front Sway Bar, Pro-Shift Lite, LX lights
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote