View Single Post
Old 03-05-2002, 01:56 AM   #3
Frankenstang65
Registered Member

It hurts...I know. But there is some truth to it. I see more riced out mustangs than almost any other domestic car. At first it shocked me, " They make clear tailights for stangs?!?!...What are they thinking?", but they are becoming far more commonplace as this import craze sweeps through.
I would agree that there are a lot of cool, high-tech ("ricey"- I guess) things that can be put into modern mustangs. It's true that it is not the 60's but some of these cars look like they are having one hell of an identity crisis. You gotta draw the line somewhere, and mustangs that are made to look like hondas just don't do it for me. In my opinion, the mustang's muscle car roots transcend these temporary changes in style and "pop" car culture. Just my .02
1965 Coupe: 351W, comp cam, Aluminum Systemax II heads (2.02/1.60), 1.7 Cobra full roller rockers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper, Mallory Unilite, MSD-6AL, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD heli-core plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" exhaust (GT style) w/ 40 series delta flows, 69 C4 w/ shift kit, shelby traction bars, 3.55:1 rear

Daily Driver:
1989 GT- 5spd, K&N (no silencer), Shorty Headers, King Cobra Clutch, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back
Frankenstang65 is offline   Reply With Quote