Thread: Life
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 04:56 PM   #13
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Looking for intelligent life in the universe

Originally posted by bigred90gt :

Quote:
If "god" created the universe and everything in it, and there is no life on other planets, only earth, why are there other planets?
Well, we need the moon and the sun to sustain life on earth, as you know. As for all the other planets, they were formed by the dust of the solar nebula and are called 'planetesimals,'. As these particles attracted more and more solar 'dust' and grew they collided with other forming spheres and made one larger planet. It's complex. The Christian belief is that God orchestrated the creation of the universe. We cannot know the exact process involved as the bible only tells us that God 'declared' the 'heavens' into being. That may have been accomplished instantly but it could have taken 10 billion years. God exists outside of time and space as we understand it and is not bound by human limitations in any manner (or He wouldn't be God). Others believe much differently, of course and are positive that the universe happened by chance. To each his own.

Quote:
I personally think that there are many forms of life on many other planets. Do I think that our government needs to spend billions of dollars sending unmanned lunar explorers to Mars to see if there was ever any type of bacterial life? No, that is obsurd. There are many more important issues to spend the money on, that require our immediate attention.
Write your congressman.