View Single Post
Old 03-29-2001, 07:31 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up Thanks to Dan McClain, all the moderaters and productive members of the Mustang Works

I know one or 2 topics like this has been posted b4, but I just have to voice my opinion and let you all know how greatful I am to be a part of MW. This site is not my life, but if I want to come online to a cool place and discuss Mustangs or any other decent car w/ cool people, I got a place for it here (even though this place can be kinda dead sometimes-- not IS dead, but CAN BE dead sometimes, but I think it's a decent trade off).

What prompted me to even post this is that I decided to take some time out and check out some other Mustang msgboard sites. I got off work early today, so I spent the last 1.5 hrs on some other sites. I've also checked out some Camaro and import msgboards and I must say that there is another whole breed of people out there (be careful). There's a lot of just plain STUPID topics, flames galore, overly-sensitive users, etc. And while all of those other sites do have SOME informed and well-educated members, for the most part, IMO the sites suck. None I've been to even come close to comparing with MW, neither by the format of the site nor by the members who post there.

Now I have not been to ALL the msgboards out there and want to be careful NOT to generalize and put them all in the same basket.

Also, the moderators here are really cool and seem well-informed. I've been to some sites where the moderators are just as stupid if not more stupid than some of the trolls on those other sites.

So, I personally want to just say THANK YOU to Dan McClain, all the moderators/administrators, and all the productive members of the Mustang Works.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 03-29-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote