View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
Pokey 5.0
Prince the Porcelain Pimp

dont get me wrong, i agree with the racing part. i mean seeing Bob Glidden run a 7.70@180 on a 10" tire nitrous car was completely mind blowing, seeing Pande Tavleski turn the car 90 degrees twice and still manage to keep it off the wall, abd to see Dan Millen come there with a completely brand spankin new car, only make 1 good pass in qualifying, and then go on to win the race, it couldnt've been better.

the only real complaint i had as far as "nothing to write home about" i was there with my car club and we had 8 cars racing there, and the problem was the way the racing was being handled. for the cars we had running in the mod motor class, they didnt get their first round qualifier until 4:45pm sat afternoon, second round was at almost 8pm, and 3rd round was at 12:15am, and that was just the mod motor class. now if you get into sunday, i dont know if you caught the way they were stalling because they couldnt keep things running smoothly. now i urderstand the weather played a big part in the whole ordeal but these guys have been doing this for several years, and they also have several people working for them that formerly worked for NHRA , instead of calling just 1 class at a time what they should have been was calling at 2 or 3 classes at a time. this way they could have still run the race in a timely manner and not had to try to rush things so much sat and sun. if you think about it, they were still in the middle of 2nd round of Hot Street at 6:15 sundayand they still had to finish the rest of the race, and there were many people(such as myself, and i'm also assuming you as well) that still had to drive home "and" be at work on monday morning.

now dont get me wrong i still had a great weekend watching the BADDEST CARS ON THE PLANET and had fun as well, i just think that they could have done a better job for the fans and racers as well. but who knows, maybe its just me.

not "trying" to *****, just my $.02

Tony
NMRA P/S #5131

CMP Racing
Flaming River
Pakman Motorsports
Belden Inc.
UPR Products
All Show Polishing (Rob 708-997-0226)
Strange Engineering
Pokey 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote