View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
Simi Stang

Default door won't open??!!

I have a '90GT that has been attempted to be broken into several times. The last time the little punks tried to get into it they screwed up my passenger door lock pretty good. The key still goes in, but will not turn. It will not open from the inside or the outside. Luckily the window still rolls down so that my wife can slide in the window "Dukes of Hazzard" Daisy style. But the damned thing will not open! I've tried just about everything. slim jims, yanking on the actual lock head that pops up and down out of the top of the door handle channel locks, using channel locks and the key at the same time, using channel locks and a slim jim at the same time, soaking everything I could see with a flashlight inside the door panel with WD-40 to help loosen things up, like maybe a frozen solenoid. The channel locks ended up ripping out the entire metal rod that the lock head screws onto. I can't get the door panel off because the door is...well...stuck shut. Obviously I have to replace the locks and maybe the solenoid(s) that control the power locks, once I get it open. Any ideas?? Please help, it's getting old real fast.