MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2002, 11:37 PM   #1
The Fireman
Registered Member

Default Pics of the cars in "The Fast and the Furious 2" Is one a Mustang?

Prepare yourself for the worst rice you've EVER seen!!! On the site I found this they say there is a Mustang in this movie, but I haven't seen a picture of it. Maybe that's a good thing. Well since it's almost Halloween check it out for a scare.

http://pub38.ezboard.com/fsweetcarzf...picID=98.topic
Old 10-16-2002, 11:52 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

oh no not again. , no comment. - barf.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:15 PM   #3
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Eva Mendez.... mmmmmmmmm!

Nice looking young lady

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Did you read some of there comments?

Quote:
Ok, there are some really REALLY cool cars coming in this movie again. The paint jobs leave something to be desired, but hey. Why are they adding the viper, chevettes, and mustangs? Don't they have to do with adding mods, and building new cars, now they have to add some cars that require some real work? Gemme a break!! Those are the cars of yester-year. We want technology under the hood, not some engine 5 times the size that only puts out 2 times the power of the small counterparts. So they have more torque, big deal! I'm not hauling a boat with my sports car. Don't ruin the movie with the failed attempts at sports cars.
AHHH!! It makes me so angry... I feel like going to find a ricer getting him to stand out of his car so I can kick him in the nuts. Why are people so god damn stupid? The part that gets me real mad is failed attempts at sports cars? Uhh... didn't pretty much Ford, GM, & Chrystler create sports cars in North America pretty much?

I'm out of here before I kill some stupid ricer...
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

My favorite part of the quote....

Quote:
We want technology under the hood, not some engine 5 times the size that only puts out 2 times the power of the small counterparts.
Umm, its not close to 5 times the size.
But you're correct about twice the power!

Keep talking about technology and hp\litre while I leave you in my rear view....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:45 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

I looked at all the pictures and didn't see a single domestic car they were talking about. Also, am I the only one who noticed the only car they didn't molest was the r34 (well except the neon lights)?

As for the technology being the only replacement for displacement. Why do their girlfriends love the rumble of my 8 so much? There are somethings you just can't do with 4.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:52 PM   #7
foxbodied
Registered Member

This makes me pissed!!! Some people just dont know when to stop.....Lets just hope thestang comes out on top and shows where the real power is in the movie.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:40 PM   #8
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
I looked at all the pictures and didn't see a single domestic car they were talking about. Also, am I the only one who noticed the only car they didn't molest was the r34 (well except the neon lights)?

As for the technology being the only replacement for displacement. Why do their girlfriends love the rumble of my 8 so much? There are somethings you just can't do with 4.
Couldn't have said it any better.
I also have never heard of anyone going to the track and bragging about their MPG times, or their ECONOMiles per hour. fast is fast no matter how much fuel you consume. Really fast cars start sucking gas no matter if it's a 2.0L or a 8.1L engine. you need Air/Fuel to make power, the more you use the faster you go. I use my mustang for fun, not for mileage and although it may be "low tech" it still has more power and more potential/$$$ than most imports i can think of. Just my opinion though.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:46 PM   #9
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
I looked at all the pictures and didn't see a single domestic car
theres two i spotted....the blue dodge truck, and in the long range pic of cars under the blue dodge, the red/white car to the far left is a vette... ...not too sure if the one on the far right is a foxbody or not though, but i doub tit...just to far away for my eyes...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:56 PM   #10
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
theres two i spotted....the blue dodge truck, and in the long range pic of cars under the blue dodge, the red/white car to the far left is a vette... ...not too sure if the one on the far right is a foxbody or not though, but i doub tit...just to far away for my eyes...
i dont see any Mustangs myself. the one at the end looks like it has the 1/4 glass of a fox, but the cowl and the nose doesnt. i wonder if it is a fox and they mutated it with something else?
Old 10-17-2002, 11:29 PM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

theres supposed to be a saleen, i hope they dont rice it & then let a buzz bomb beat it omg.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 07:27 PM   #12
bald guy 90gt
Registered Member

Default slow and the stickered 2

does anybody know when this movies is coming out
Old 10-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #13
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

You know, when the original F&F came out the local movie theatre threw out a big bash for it and had a bunch of the ricer grinders in town come out. The radio station was there too and the thing got a lot of publicity.

What's the new one suppose to be about anyways? Is it anything like the first one?

If they put a Mustang in this one it'll probably get smashed up like the Charger did in the first one.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 12:07 AM   #14
01SVTCobra
Registered Member

How sad it has become. All these people loving this rice.
Oh, I guess my DOHC 4.6 is totally obsoleted by the VTEC right ?
I better go get one of those and drop it in.
01SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 12:26 AM   #15
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by 01SVTCobra
How sad it has become. All these people loving this rice.
Oh, I guess my DOHC 4.6 is totally obsoleted by the VTEC right ?
I better go get one of those and drop it in.
bah, just slap the badging on....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 08:10 PM   #16
Five0
Registered Member

If technology is the only replacement for displacement then why don't you ever see anyone doing a engine swap from a 5.0L to a 1.6L VTEC or some peice of **** motor like that.
I think the reason that everyone likes the rice burners is for the same reason that my brother-in-law likes them because his parents would not let him have a muscle car so he gets a honda prelude and puts all his money into it to make it as fast as a stock mustang.
If you drive rice and you don't have a assload of money to put in it to make it fast then you only make the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted" all the more true.

I love it when I talk to a ricer at the track and he tells me how much money he has in his motor and thinks he is the fastest thing at the track and then go and shut him down with a third of the money spent on mine.
I got beat at the track one time by a civic with around as much money in his car as I have in mine but he blew his motor a week later.
Tell me what good is all the power if the parts you have can't take it and it is not streetable. If you could get 40 mpg and run 11's in the 1/4 mile but you were replaceing your motor every week then what good is it.
Nothing gets my blood pumping like a v8 engine with a healthy cam and loud exhaust; sorry rice just does not do anything for me; and lets not even go into how they look with the big coffee can exhaust and wings.
I guess I will never understand; I am from a different generation.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:35 PM   #17
01SVTCobra
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Five0
If technology is the only replacement for displacement then why don't you ever see anyone doing a engine swap from a 5.0L to a 1.6L VTEC or some peice of **** motor like that.
I think the reason that everyone likes the rice burners is for the same reason that my brother-in-law likes them because his parents would not let him have a muscle car so he gets a honda prelude and puts all his money into it to make it as fast as a stock mustang.
If you drive rice and you don't have a assload of money to put in it to make it fast then you only make the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted" all the more true.

I love it when I talk to a ricer at the track and he tells me how much money he has in his motor and thinks he is the fastest thing at the track and then go and shut him down with a third of the money spent on mine.
I got beat at the track one time by a civic with around as much money in his car as I have in mine but he blew his motor a week later.
Tell me what good is all the power if the parts you have can't take it and it is not streetable. If you could get 40 mpg and run 11's in the 1/4 mile but you were replaceing your motor every week then what good is it.
Nothing gets my blood pumping like a v8 engine with a healthy cam and loud exhaust; sorry rice just does not do anything for me; and lets not even go into how they look with the big coffee can exhaust and wings.
I guess I will never understand; I am from a different generation.

I couldn't agree more.
01SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:48 AM   #18
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

ughh HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote