MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2001, 03:06 PM   #1
QUIN
Registered Member

Post ne1 have,seen,heard about stormin norman hoods?

been looking to buy a hood now for almost two weeks. still debating. hoping someone had some opinions on this one. im not sure i like the way it looks in the picture. anyone seen one up close? how do they look? better than a straight 4" cowl?

below is irrelevant so read at own will.

i was looking at the cincinnati composites 4" SVO but they have done pissed me off. after driving all the way their and no one was in an hour before they told me they would close i emailed some questions which were never answered. tried calling 3 times today and got the answering machine.
guys, beleive me when i tell you that this place is in the freken ghetto! we couldnt even figure out which building it would be in because everything was just torn down and looked ancient! people were looking at us weird and everything. asked one group of guys if they knew where it was and they acted like they never heard of it. another group said it was right over there but i had to call first. i said "which one" and he said, "Call first!" to which we laughed and drove away.
they got some cool designs, but i cant imagine a much filthier place. and i was in the airborne with the roaches in the barracks and everything! im not one to complain about much when it comes to cleanliness,,,, but man, you guys should see this place.
then i go to jegs to get a breather cap and perhaps pick up a harwood while im there and they are out of them. i cant win if even if i cheat!!!
anyway, appreciate any responses.
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged/cut pistons,edelbrock head\intake,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

See my engine on user rides.

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
QUIN
Registered Member

Old 06-13-2001, 04:13 PM   #3
QUIN
Registered Member

never mind. im getting one.
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged/cut pistons,edelbrock head\intake,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

Old 06-13-2001, 11:25 PM   #4
Oldschoolpony
Registered Member

see user rides 1546. I have a stormin norman hood.n I like it. I'm running a victor Jr. with a 750 barry grant and a 13" filter. It's a little tight, but with the K&N filter setup It works great.
Oldschoolpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 11:45 AM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

That didn't take long to make up your mind on that one Quin =)

I have a few friends with the Stormin Normin hood. The Cervini's is a sweet hood, but the more I look at it the more I think I'd rather go with the Ram Air hood. I too want the 4" SVO hood from Cincinatti composites, but have head too many bad things about them.

Maybe get a Cervini's cowl and have a reputable body shop custom fab a scoop into it similar to the SVO? I'm not sure if I'd want to do that to a Cervini's though.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 12:37 PM   #6
QUIN
Registered Member

well, it seems like a quick decision when looking at my posts, but its actually something i have been debating for 2 weeks now. went to cincinnati (as stated above) and got stood up or i probably would of picked one out while there. (heard you can get better quality from them if you go and pick it out).
they lost my business though being idiotic rednecks.
nothing like a 4 hour drive to eat lunch at applebee's with my cousin!!! (2 hrs one way)
that was all i accomplished with that trip!
well, that and a little buz,,,,,
i oredered the stormin norman already. wanted something that would cycle air from front to rear. should help keep it cooler anyway. thats always a good thing.
Q

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 12:39 PM   #7
QUIN
Registered Member

by the way, should be here in 3 to 5 days.
should of had rick pick me one up at that swap meet.
some day i will learn!

Q
Old 06-14-2001, 03:27 PM   #8
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Talking

Quin I think either will look good, though I do like my "straight 4" Cowl".

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! FIRST TIME OUT 12.16@111 WHEELS-UP
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:37 PM   #9
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I really like the stormin' normin' hoods..Make sure you check the corners on the hood. 2 of my friends have ordered hoods from cervinis and both of there hoods were tore up from where they only put styrofoam on 3 of the 4 edges of the box..And when that box gets shoved around. That 4th corner got shoved in and bent down and broke that corner of the hood that didnt have any sytrofoam. But the paintshop fixed both of the hoods for free since they were painting them.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:51 PM   #10
QUIN
Registered Member

thanx for the advice. i will do that. cervini's has a return policy that you MUST check upon delivery of the hood and if any damage is noticed to record it on the packing slip or whatever and then they will replace it.
so thanx for the heads up, i will be sure to look at that when it arrives.
Q
Old 06-14-2001, 10:51 PM   #11
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I have one on my car, I love it... perfect fit.. If you haven't already, get the ram air ductwork, it's nice to have functioning ram- air.

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote