MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-05-2002, 05:38 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default Auto Tech Schools

Hello I have been calling a few auto technical schools lately kinda getting the scoop on options. Im thinking UTI is gonan be the best so far due to a more known name and also they have many programs wiht manufacturers of automobiles. I was wonderin what oyu guys thoguht he best schools were?

Also i was looking into nahsville auto-diesel college
and ive also hear do wyotech which i havent looked into althoguh supoosedly is one of the best.

Any Insights?

The Cost is all wiht a few grand for all training and the time required to complete is nearly the same as well.

Thanks

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
PKRWUD

UTI is excellent, but what matters is you. You can get just as good at your local cc if you are willing to work hard, and ask questions.

Take care,
ÅChris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:03 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I've heard WyoTech is more a pain in the butt than a good education. I have a few friends who go there, and they say that you are rushed to learn everything that it all flies over your head. A good thing about WyoTech though is that it trains you a lot in the business side of the job compared to JUST the work... I think WyoTech is a little more expensive than most other places, also. My sister goes to the University of Wyoming, which is located in Laramie along with WyoTech. It's about 2 hours west down I80 from where I live.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:58 PM   #4
90lxracer
Registered Member

Had a guy from Wyotech come and speak to my auto-tech class. To me it sounds like a pretty good school to go to. Guy was real nice and very knowledgable.....but again don't know enough to give much info. Also got something in the mail for auto-deisel college of nashville......u get a 112 peice snap-on tool set when u graduate

1997 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4
6'' Pro-comp triple shock lift / 35x12.5 Pro-comp x-terrains on 15x10 welds / 4.56 gear / hypertech power programmer / Flowmaster 40 series exhaust / 2 12'' Audiobahn subs powered by houston acoustic 900 watt amp / white face gauges
90lxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 07:56 PM   #5
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

UTI sounds like your best bet. I see that your from Illinois. The closest one to you then is in Glendale Heights, Illinois. I was planning to go there myself but the money wasn't there. They teach you stuff in cars, diesels, etc. Basically whatever your wanting to learn. I think that they also have classes in chassis fabrication but I'm not 100 % on that.

Hope that this helps a little.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote