MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-09-2001, 04:14 AM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Crouch Wins Heisman!!

Tonight at about 5:55 mdt Eric Crouch was named the winner of the Heisman Trophy!!!! YES!!!!! I think that's awesome for him.

Another thing went Nebraska's way tonight also! LSU knocked off BCS #2 Tennessee!!! Nebraska has a chance to move from #3 up to #2 with Tennessee's loss!! We just have to hope that the Coach's Poll rankings won't chance, besides for Tennesse. If Colorado or Oregon jump ahead of Nebraska, both those teams could also leapfrog NU to BCS #2 and play Miami in the Rose Bowl. But how it's looking right now, Nebraska has a PRETTY good chance of getting in.

Wouldn't that be sweet to hear all the CU fans bicker about how they kicked our butt and we still got into the Rose Bowl. And then even sweeter, if we WON the Rose Bowl, they would be talking about how they kicked the National Champions butt. I'd have to laugh in some of their faces. They definitely did kick our butt, and they were definitely the better team that day. But they pulled some dumb stuff at the beginning of their season to HOPEFULLY ruin their chances of a Rose Bowl appearance.

I'll stop talking now. I just wanted to let you all know in case you hadn't heard.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:28 AM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Wow that is a surprise couch won it. I thought for sure doresy would get it. I don't think NU should be in the rose bowl though. I think it should be Colorado personally. I am not a big fan of either team I just think Colorado is the hottest team out there right now. I hate the college system anyway. Look at oregon too. I mean they lost on the last play of the game to stanford. They could be just as easliy undefeted.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:55 AM   #3
inferno
The Instigator

NCAA playoffs anyone??? That is the only way to decide things. Basketball has a playoff system, and so does baseball. Track uses the same format as the pros do too. It is only natural that there be a playoff system....**<k the BCS.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:59 AM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I do agree that the BCS sucks balls....but I'm also happy the way things are turning out for Nebraska.

I think Dorsey was 2nd in the points totals for the Heisman.

I have no clue why the NCAA head honchos don't go with a playoff system. Nothing they have used so far has been completely legitimate, ever. A playoff system is definitely necessary.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:57 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

i think the bcs sux too lets have playoffs but how bout dem tiga's yeah! im glad somebody besides fla or tn won the sec roll tide! congrats to LSU wwhhooo

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 02:58 PM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Well CU jumped ahead of Nebraska in the Coach's poll...that gives them a good chance to leapfrong Nebraska in the BCS....sonuvabitch.....
Old 12-09-2001, 03:16 PM   #7
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Default Screw Nebraska

The Huskers don't deserve to be in the national championship game this year, just like they didn't deserve to be co-champions a few years ago with Michigan. The only reason they were is because it was a going away present to Tom Osbourne.

I think Oregon deserves to play Miami in the Rose Bowl. The only good thing about the possibility of Nebraska playing Miami is seeing the Hurricanes beat the living crap out of them.

I wanted a playoff system before this season and I damn sure want one after it. The champion should be decided on the field, not by a computer, not by the writers, and certainly not by the "objective" coaches.

They need an 8 team playoff. It would work. Its makes sense, and it allows for there to still be other bowl games for teams that aren't good enough to be in the top eight. We need a playoff, but it won't happen for a while because there are too many greedy people out there who only are interested in money and not the good of the game.

I would give credit to Nebraska if they went through a playoff and beat everybody, but that wasn't the case in 1997 and if they win this year it won't be the case yet again. So even though I'm not a big Miami fan, I will be this year if they play the Huskers.

??Go Miami??
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 09:08 PM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I guess if you don't all know by now, it's Miami Vs. Nebraska in the Rose Bowl.

Ok, it's cool to see other peoples' points of view also. I agree with you MTU on the fact that the BCS sucks. I hate it. I also think there should be a playoff system.

But I was thinking about this, and Colorado may be the hottest team out there right now, but you have to remember, the WHOLE season counts. It's not just the half, or even the last 3/4s of a season, it's the WHOLE THING!! So, IMHO, I don't think Colorado does deserve to be in the title game. I'm happy they aren't.

I do think Oregon is a great team. Of course they are, look at their ranking. But, I honestly believe that they could not compete with Nebraska or Miami, and I also think Colorado will beat them soundly.

And there is a possibility that whoever wins the CU/Oregon game will be co-champions with the winner of the Rose Bowl. I think that's a bunch of BS too. Co-champion....that's stupid....

Well....GO HUSKERS!!!
Old 12-09-2001, 09:18 PM   #9
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I think everyone agrees that the BCS sucks. I don't know that Nebraska deserves to be playing for the title, but you can make many arguments for it, just as you can for other schools too. The whole system sucks but I am glad to see a Big 12 team in the title game. The Big 12 gets little respect nationally and is consistently one of the toughest conferences. Not just in football either, but look at basketball also.

I like how Crouch said his defining Heisman moment may have been his 90+ yard run against MIZZOU. Damn, one of these years we are going to knock Nebraska off when they roll into Columbia!

In the meantime though, Go Huskers!
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 09:23 PM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Well, the thing is, for Nebraska, the games they won (11), they outscored their opponent by at least 10 points. CU lost to Fresno State, who frickin blows, and their margin of win is not near as great as Nebraska's....and Oregon LOST to Stanford, who is pretty sucky also....the ONLY Nebraska loss was to Colorado, who is now actually ranked AHEAD of Nebraska in the coach's poll.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:02 AM   #11
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
Well, the thing is, for Nebraska, the games they won (11), they outscored their opponent by at least 10 points. CU lost to Fresno State, who frickin blows, and their margin of win is not near as great as Nebraska's....and Oregon LOST to Stanford, who is pretty sucky also....the ONLY Nebraska loss was to Colorado, who is now actually ranked AHEAD of Nebraska in the coach's poll.
Fresno had a hell of a squad this year. They beat a few teams that should have mopped the floor with them...just lost it at the end of the season. Oh, and the only way there could be a co-champion is if Nebraska wins....If Miami wins, they are the champ.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:28 AM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah, I realized that inferno. I guess I didn't make that very clear did I. I actually made it sound like it didn't matter at all who won the Rose Bowl. I just said "the winner of the Rose Bowl." Whoopsadaisies....my bad.....just wasn't thinking or something...

Well, the whole season counts like I said before. If they do good at the beginning of the season, and crappy at the end, then they have a marginal season. CU should have beat Fresno State, no questions asked. If CU thinks they deserve the Rose Bowl, they should have beat Fresno State and Texas the beginning of the season...We should have beat CU at the end of the season.

Maybe Nebraska doesn't deserve the Rose Bowl. But I don't know a team besides Miami that does. Do you?
Old 12-10-2001, 08:57 AM   #13
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Where do I start???

1) The BCS is horrible. I think most agree on that.

2) Nebraska is over-rated. They should not be in the "national championship" game. They get absolutely DESTROYED by Colorado a couple weeks ago and they're the #2 team in the Nation? I don't think so.

3) The Big 12 conference is over-rated. Who the hell does Nebraska play each year? Maybe one or two decent teams - that's it. No wonder the rest of their wins were by 10 pts...if they were good, it should have been 20pts. It's like the Big 10 was back in the 60' - 80's. Basically, you had Ohio State and Michigan. They destroyed every team in the Big Ten and then played each other in the last regular season game to determine (usually) who would go to the Rose Bowl and play for all the marbles. No longer is it like that. The Big Ten beats up on each other in just about every game. Tough conference.

4) Michigan should have not have had to share the crown back in 1996 or 1997 (I forget what year it was?). Michigan was the #1 team.

5) Miami got screwed last year.

6) Colorado got screwed this year.

7) Best thing that could happen to the BCS this year:

- Nebraska steals an ugly win over Miami;
- Colorado blows out Oregon

Out, E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 11:05 PM   #14
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Hmmm.....you seem like a very bitter person 302 LX Eric....can I ask why?

1.) The BCS is horrible. You're 100% right. Although it's my best friend!!!

2.) Who should be #2 if Nebraska shouldn't? Don't even tell me CU should be. They may be the hottest team at this moment....but like I've said 10 times before...the WHOLE season matters....not just the past couple games man.

3.) Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Iowa State. All of these 8 teams received votes in the Coach's Poll Top 25. That's out of 12 teams man. 75%. Don't give me that bullsh!t overrated crap. Do some research before you go running your mouth.

Your big bad Big 10 Conference has Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio State. 30%????? Hmmmm....that's another thing about just blabbing off because you don't like Nebraska...

Nebraska played TCU (W 21-7), Troy State (W 42-14), Notre Dame (W 27-10), Rice (W 48-3), Missouri (W 36-3), Iowa State (W 48-14), Baylor (W 48-7), Texas Tech (W 41-31), Oklahoma (W 20-10), Kansas (W 51-7), Kansas State (W 31-21), and then the loss to the Puffs. Are those good enough win margins for you? Most teams they beat by 30!!! So are they good yet?

4.) Too bad for Michigan. You can complain all you want about that. I don't live in the past.

5.) Ohhh.....that just sucks....

6.) Why did Colorado get screwed? Because they lost 2 games at the beginning of this season? So technically they screwed THEMSELVES! Right? Who else screwed them? huh?

7.) We need a playoff system. I agree.

Now back to my question in my last post on here. If you're so anti-Nebraksa...who the hell deserves to be in the Rose Bowl facing Miami? Who is worthy, counting the WHOLE season?

Oregon just BARELY beat Oregon State...I beleive by a field goal. Oregon lost to Stanford. CU lost to Fresno State, and Texas early in the season. Not to mention they won a couple games on the last few plays.

So who should be in there besides Nebraska?
Old 12-11-2001, 09:05 AM   #15
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I'm upset (bitter, as you like to say) about the BCS. Not with Nebraska. They just happen to be the lucky team this year.

Let's just run down your little list of glorifed wins:

1)TCU - there is a quality win. I think LaDamion Thomlinson is in the NFL now. 'nuff said.

2) Troy State - need I say more?

3) Notre Dame - losing season, head coach fired, can't score more than 14 a game. Another "tough" team.

4) Rice - another toughy! Come on, geeez! When Ohio State played them a few years back it was 72-10 - now that's an a$$-whoompin'!

5) Mizzou - decent win, decent team

6) Baylor - I don't even know where their university is located.

7) Texas Tech - decent team - good win

8) Oklahoma - very good team - very good win

9) Kansas - please! Did they win a game this year? And no, this isn't basketball that we're talking about - it's tackle football.

10) K. State - didn't they lose those two great receivers from last year? Not the same team as '00 - but I'll give you this one.

11) Colorado - 63 to whocares!!! Any top 10, top 20 for that matter, team that gets taken behind the woodshack for not 30, not 40, not 50, not 60, but 63 points in its last game, doesn't win its conference and yet still gets to go to the big dance is just plain wrong.

So you've got 7 push-overs, 3 good wins, and one huge asskicking loss.

I really don't see how you can argue that? 95% of America feels the same way. It's a shame that you think that I hate Nebraska. I don't at all! In fact, I think they have one heck of a program. A program that I respect. A Heisman winner. Maybe it's their fanatics that smear the image...hmmm.

Take yourself out of the Nebraska fan perspective for a minute and think about the Oregon team. They win their division. They have one loss earlier in the season. They watch Nebraska get clobbered against Colorado in their final game.

I don't want this post to turn into flames that get us nowhere. So please, can we just agree to disagree?

Oh, and I think your question regarding who should be there instead of Nebraska is a very tough one. But, I would have to say Oregon. It's not an easy question with all of the one loss teams out there, but again, in my opinion, Nebraska shouldn't be there.

E

Old 12-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #16
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Wait a sec...I replied to your comment "If they were good they should have beat them by 20 points."

We absolutely killed every team we should have killed. The win margin was usually at least 30, not 10 or even 20 like you said it should be, 30.

Oregon lost to an unranked team this season. Stanford is now ranked, but wasn't at the time. And like I said in my last post, they just barely sqeaked past Oregon State. And their colors are green and yellow. Haha....that is enough right there to keep them out of the Rose Bowl...j/k.

When Ohio State played Rice "a few years back," Rice was a completely different team. Nebraska beat Oklahoma like 62-10 a few years back. Oh yeah, they beat them this year, too. I agree Rice is not a quality team, but we destroyed them by 45 points.

Baylor is in Waco, Texas. They suck...bad...

I don't agree that Oregon should be there. I don't think they could handle a huge game against a powerhouse like Nebraska or Miami. And I think Colorado will beat them.

I'm not flaming at all. I just think you need to do a little bit more research before you get on here and have a powertrip about your Big 10 and the like.

Maybe Nebraska shouldn't be in the Rose Bowl...but we are...and the Puffs and the Ducks aren't...If we win, we are the national champions. If we lose, we'll probably end up ranked 3rd.

As much controversy that surrounds it, that's the way it is.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:26 PM   #17
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Cool off come the gloves

Hey 6T9PONY, I never realized you were from NE. I was thinking I was the only one on the board from the College Football Capital of the World.

NU probably doesn't "deserve" to be in the Rose Bowl, but they are the best one loss team in the country. We had one bad quarter against Colorado and we almost got to within a TD in the second half. If NU would've shown up and played in the 1st quarter these discussions wouldn't be happening. Illinois, Maryland and Oregon deserve a shot at the Rose Bowl before Colorado should even be considered (they won their conferences and have a better record than CU).

And about the 97 Wolverines......... you are an absolute idiot if you don't realize that Scott Frost and Ahman Green would've ran all over their sorry @sses. Michigan is the lucky one here. The BCS (which is not much better than the old system) was a year too late. Could you imagine a Michigan vs Nebraska title game with both teams undefeated?

I want a playoff system.... and not just an 8-team playoff. There should be 16 teams involved. I love the Final Four every year because some obscure team can come out of nowhere and win it all. Give me the drama of elimination and the underdog.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:01 PM   #18
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Hey, what's up 89 Cobra LX? I also thought I was the only Nebraskan on this board. Nice to meet you!!!!

Eric has a right to have his opinion and everything, everyone does. It's just kind of ticking me off that he's just saying all this crap that he has no clue about. Did he watch what the '97 Huskers did to everyone? I bet not. I just think he needs to simply find stuff to back up what he's saying.

The Big 12 is a powerhouse. Anyone who disagrees with that is not straight in the head. I'm not saying it's the best conference in all of college football, but it's up there. And no matter what Eric says, it's true. They are not overrated in any way, shape, or form.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:09 PM   #19
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

6T9 - I understand your points. I just don't agree with all of them. I think we have agreed to disagree. That's cool. At least we both like Mustangs.

89 - I think it goes something like this: "If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, then we would all have a nice Christmas."

If Shawn Springs wouldn't have slipped against Tia Streets (OSU vs. Mich in 1998, I believe)...then Ohio State would have won.

Ohio State was 6 pts away from a National Championship back in 97 or 98 (I forget which).

If Nebraska could have played like they are capable of playing against Colorado...

We could go on and on.

It is just my opinion that Nebraska doesn't belong in the Title game. Period. Nothing against Nebraska's program at all.

BTW, Oregon lost by what, 6 pts (mostly because of fluke special teams plays)? Nebraska got exposed on national TV. And as for margin of victory, I think they took that out of the BCS formula for a reason.

This has been a good debate, guys. Sounds like we have a common love for college football. I love watching all the bowl games and seeing how everyone fares. Good luck to your teams.

Take it easy,
E

Old 12-11-2001, 04:14 PM   #20
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'm glad this didn't turn into a flame. Those are such a pain in the butt. Agreeing to disagree was a plus. And Mustangs are #1!! Hehe...

I do think Nebraska did not show up against CU. But that was our own fault. If we would have, then I think it would have been much better of a game. But, we didn't, and like you said, there are no "if, ands, or buts" about it. We lost, bad. Pretty simple.