MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-22-2001, 02:13 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Thumbs down Why sites like Ridejudge.com and Showyourcar.com are worthless:

Just look at the stats if you put on a domestic car that's not a Viper...

An award winning, nicely built, 12 second Mustang will average a 5 out of 10 vote because while most of the voting goes from 6 to 10, a whole bunch of import kids give you a 1 because its a Mustang....

I may not like rice, but if it looks like someone spent a lot of time and money on something, I'm not going to give it a 1.

Ones should be reserved for the rustbuckets that are missing fenders and rims....

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Lightbulb

I have to agree, it needs to be limited to a target audience, instead of the entire internet.
Like if there was something in this site like that, or something like that in ricer.com, than it would be way more accurate, people would be able to vote for what they like on the kind of car they like.

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 03:06 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Don't worry man don't let it get to you. We know who the real winners are when you pull up to a light beside one of these rice boys with a stock 4cyl. Honda. Don't get me wrong some Honda's are fast (very few) but most of these guys who have these Honda's put Euro lights on them and make them look all pretty but where's the beef? They can give us 1's but we'll be placing #1 in the race. So let them have there good little chuckle making fun of stangs. They are just amazed by the word Honda.

Take it easy all,
hope I didn't offend anyone with a Honda.

------------------
1969 Mach 1, 351-4BBL Windsor, 4 Speed.

Moving At The Speed Of Sound.
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 05:56 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry

Those sites are just as STUPID as the am i hot or not site. All the slutty girls get 10s. I don't give a CRAP about what someone doesn't like about my car or how faceless people (don't take that the wrong way, now) on the web judge it. WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THOSE STUPID SITES. That's one reason I won't even consider putting my face or car on any of those sites. Trash.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a few months b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:57 PM   #5
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Yes all those sites are the same. I do have to say i am quilty of the same thing though. If it is any car other than a ford i give it a one. Espicaly the rice. It has to be one hell of a chevy to even get a 3 out of me on those too. I think they are all just in good fun. I never take anything like that seriously.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 08:47 AM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Ya I love how the STOCK civics with some body works pulls a 9 while a built stang gets a 2.

That always makes me laugh, right before I hit the little "X" in the top right hand corner of my screen.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 11:00 AM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs down

the only rice i give any credit for looking ok is the mitsubishi-whatever 3000 gt or 2000 gt or what ever the hell it is, otherwise they all look like -little spaceships & sooo easy to beat ha , almost as ugly as the monte carlo ss jk, i just dont pay that much attenion to ricer's they all look the same, if you pee on them do they turn into puffed rice? adios.
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 01:22 PM   #8
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs down

I dont even think all those little Dodads like Euro Taillights and crap look good.

In my opinion Fuction over Form. I wouldnt waste my money on clear tailights or Body kits. I'll admit though, some do look good, but most Ricers and Importers go crazy with Fiberglass, stickers, interior paint and wings.

Really, does every nob in the car have to be Yellow, or RED? Does a 15 second import really need racing seats with 5 point harness and rollcage, and they dont even Road Course Race or drag race.

Well as I said, my mind usually goes along the Function not Form path.

I dont know whats wrong with kids today. Back when I was in Highschool, the bigger the engine the badder the ride. Now a days the Mustangs, Vettes, Firebirds dont seem to get much respect from the younger people.

Oh well they dont know what there missing out on. Some Big FUN.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 02:58 PM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Who knows, I just turned 17 last week. I love my Mustangs, Vettes, Firebirds, I go by Horsepower. I have my selection of friends that love the same I do. But we are the rare pick of the crop. Everyone else into Honda's. It's quite funny talking to Ricers. 99% of them don't even know what they are talking about, they think they add a body kit, put a huge *** tach they make for Grandma's that are half blind on there dash and there ready to race. The best is when they put Carbon fiber for weight reduction but they put a big sound system in there car. Don't get me wrong Weight reduction is good, and sound systems are good too. But your kinda confusing me on the purpose of weight reduction by adding heavy sound equipment in your car. Ohh... well I like to have a good chuckle and these idiots. Everyone tells me there getting a Honda and they want to race my stang. So tell they are ready I'll be laughing.

------------------
1969 Mach 1, 351-4BBL Windsor, 4 Speed.

Moving At The Speed Of Sound.
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 02:05 AM   #10
SLIGHTLY_INSAIN
I AM ME!!!!

the only reason i put my car on there is that it was eazy and i needed a place to host my pictures, and was too lazy to do anything else.

------------------
1993 white 5.0 vert
limited edition
22k on the clock
StOcK

My Mustang
SLIGHTLY_INSAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 03:25 AM   #11
WADS56
gear banger

I know what you guys are saying. I puy my car on "hottideornot.com" and have almost all 1's. I know my car isn't a show car, but is is better then a 1. Oh well I guess I'll see them at the stop light.

------------------
79 hatch w/ NA 347,stage 2 Canfield heads, out of the box Victor 5.0 intake, solid roller cam, Aeromotive fuel system, proshifted TKO II.MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
93lx all stock + tremec
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:48 AM   #12
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs down

This is very interesting..,I haven't looked at the sites yet, I dont have time....but I didn't even know they existed!
You have to take into account the mentality of the judges..I did a show a couple of years ago where I got all 10's and a couple 9's from 2 judges....although on the "overall Judges opinion" on BOTH SHEETS they both gave me a 1!!!!!! Did the same thing to my friend w/ a '99 Mercedes Kompressor!
They didn't like late models, and they were not shy about it. Regardless of personal opinion, that should NEVER have any bearing on ones score. I've judged cars I've hated w/ a passion, but I would never let mh personal opinion influence my decision on the score that I give them.
Also, we always score from 1-10. I"ve judged cars that should get a 2-3 in certain areas...it's kind of an gently spoken rule w/ myself to others to NEVER give anyone lower than a 5 (or 4 if you HAVE to)regardless how trashy thier car might look!!! There's no sense in hurting thier feelings...we're there to help them understand what they can do to make thier car better, not totally humiliate them!!! (like I was w/ the 1!)
They should be judged on cleanliness, workmanship, care and presentation. Regardless if its a Viper or a Bug. And regardless if it does a 8 sec. or 16 sec. 1/4 mile. Now, i'm speaking just from a 'show' point of view...like I said, I haven't looked at the sights yet, so they might be judging on something totally different!!!! But, just from the little bit I read here, I thought I'd just throw in my 2 cents worth!!
I'll be curious to check out those sites later this weekend!!!!

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Perf. Red,MAC Cold Air Ind.,K&N,Motorsport Underdrive Pulleys,MAC OffRoad H-Pipe,SVO/BORLA Side exaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55, Light bar,Cobra WhiteFace 5 color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear Headlights,'96-'97 Taillights,Custom Pony HeadRests.Alum. GT Pedals, Alum.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D.,Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:12 PM   #13
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Hey 69fastback, i am 17 a;so and i see all this ricer crap all over my school as i have mentioned before. it is so lame for people to go and buy these hondas because they think they are so fast. i have a friend who i always make fun of for liking imports. he always claims how technologically superior a import 4 banger is to a american v8. thankfully he also hates what most people do to thier imports. now since this other guy that i dont even know got an old eclipse with nuespeed stickers and it is lowered he thinks he can talk sh*t to me. It never cahnges. o yea also his hood and front fender is red while the rst is white LOL. some people just dont get it. however i do agree that there are a few integra type r's that are fast after they been modded but they are pretty damn expensive. o well im tired
later

------------------
'89 LX Hatchback 5spd, Flowmasters, K+N, B+M Ripper shifter, Ford Racing 10.5" Clutch, Kick a** stereo coming soon!
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:13 PM   #14
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

69Mach1 sorry
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote