View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 PM   #5
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Some dealers are harder to do this with than others. Some sales guys get paid bonuses for going on test drives even if you don't buy. A good sales manager will make the salesmen go with the potential client.

I think honesty is the best policy. Stop by a few lots. Hey, no one ever acts too interested. You would be surprised. Often times the guy who appears to not have the bucks is the one who pays cash for a car. A good salesmen will recognize that you may not be ready to buy now, but if he treats you right, you will come back...even if it is years later.

Go on a slow day and you will probably have the best luck. Find a salesmen who likes a good excuse to go for a drive in a Mustang. Having your Mustang will help too.

I have taken my Suburban to a few places and got immediate test drives in a Navigator and a Hummer to name a few.

When I was a senior in college, my buds and I did this all the time. It was fun. And, we all bought new cars before graduation. Of course it probably helped that the dealer knew that we would also.

You may have a harder time getting to drive the lower volume cars (Cobra's and Mach's). The REAL potential buyers of these things like no miles on the odometer.

Have fun!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote