View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 02:49 AM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by 88workcar
But, a really nice track was just built 10 miles from here. noproblemraceway.com So little by little the fellas with few dollars are showing up with "bought" race cars (1.2.3.)
The closest track to me is about 45 minutes away and is a total dump. It's pretty much worthless to race there unless you have slicks or some nice drag radials. They do minimal prep to the track and they have even had to stop the races before to land a plane there because it's an airport runway turned into a makeshift dragstrip. It's pretty dangerous for guys running extremely fast too because they can lose it very easily off the launch. Bandimere in Denver is about 2-1/2 hours away from me. That's where most of the serious drag racers in town go for the most part.

One real dick that lives here and owns a towing service has a '69 Camaro built for racing; but it's not street legal. I think he runs 9s with it. A kid and his dad who own a Dodge dealership in town have a couple strictly race cars they take to the track. They have a dragster that's in the Super Gas and an Avenger, but I forget the class they run that one in. Another rich banker has a Cavalier that does 8s and is strictly drag......quite a few strictly drag cars....

My car is probably in the top 10 street cars around here. Although with a best time of 15.6 sounds pretty pathetic. But that turns into a 14.9 at sea level, and if I could take my 2.5 60' down to around 2.1 or 2.2 with slicks (see what I mean by a pathetic track???) that should be a mid-14 at sea level. Maybe a 15 flat at 3500+ elevation. That was also in the middle of the afternoon on a 85 degree day with about 45% humidity. My car runs real hot too so I get a pretty decent power loss when it's that hot outside. Plus there was a bad tune......full weight car.....etc., etc., etc......you know, all the excuses.....

This summer I'm gonna get some slicks, tear off my sway bar, re-jet my carb, HOPEFULLY an electronic ignition, new plugs, and maybe lighten it up a little bit....Maybe I'll break into the 14s...lol....damn that's slow......

408W.....someday.....someday......
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote