MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-23-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
kdomingue
Registered Member

Default Spout connector on 95GT

I'm looking for the spout connector on a 95 GT. I would like to verify my timing and I can not seem to find my spout connector. I was told that it is 2 wires black /orange plugged into a grey box. Could someone please specify where this is located and if this information is correct. Thanks in advanced.
Kevin
kdomingue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
andy669
Registered Member

Its on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the air filter. Its just a grey plug.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
kdomingue
Registered Member

Thank you sir. I'm a Chevy man converted to a FORD man. I have to say that I'm very please with my Mustang. Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #4
stangGT95
Registered Member

Did you get to verify/change your timing kdomingue?
95 GT w/ AODE and Transgo Shift kit, trans cooler, SpeedCal, KB 1.5 Flowzilla w/ 6# pulley, MAC chrome CAI, chrome radiator hoses, stock MAF w/ center post removed, 70mm PP TB, electrical boost & FP gauges, digital A/F gauge, 1 5/8" unequal headers, 2 1/2" ProChamber h-pipe, Borla catback exhaust, and 3.55's. Cobra RR hood, Saleen double wing, Xenon body kit, chrome Cobra R wheels 17X8 in front and 17X10.5 in the back.
stangGT95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:56 AM   #5
kdomingue
Registered Member

Well I found the spout connector....I need to clean my balancer to see the timing marks. It's not dirty it's just very hard to see. What is the best position to place the timing light? I was trying right by the altenator and the tensioner pulley from above the belt. What is the best position? I plan on trying again this weekend. Thanks for the follow up.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:58 PM   #6
stangGT95
Registered Member

If I remember right I had to get on my passenger side and shoot down between the alternator and the upper radiator hose (pain in the butt to see). You probably already know but put white mark on say 10 degree mark (that's what it's set from factory), let it get up to operating temp, turn off car, unplug spout, hook up timing light, start car and aim light just be careful of the timing light wires. If you adjust timing I think it's a 1/2 wrench to loosen dist. Good luck. (Don't forget to reinstall spout plug when done checking/adjusting)
95 GT w/ AODE and Transgo Shift kit, trans cooler, SpeedCal, KB 1.5 Flowzilla w/ 6# pulley, MAC chrome CAI, chrome radiator hoses, stock MAF w/ center post removed, 70mm PP TB, electrical boost & FP gauges, digital A/F gauge, 1 5/8" unequal headers, 2 1/2" ProChamber h-pipe, Borla catback exhaust, and 3.55's. Cobra RR hood, Saleen double wing, Xenon body kit, chrome Cobra R wheels 17X8 in front and 17X10.5 in the back.
stangGT95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 10:38 PM   #7
kdomingue
Registered Member

Thanks man. Your right I know what's going on, but I'm just new to Fords. I used to own a few camaros, then about 3 years ago I bought my wife a Explorer. I've had friends that were bigtime into Mustangs in the late 80's early 90's so I've been around them. I just happen to total my truck a few months ago so I got this car. I was looking at maybe a TransAM but I think I'm much happier with this car.
I was leary at first about buying a Mustang ( hard to find one not raced to death ) but I found this one completely stock. Stock mufflers, air baffle, NO mods...I was suprised. Hell it still had 95 plug wires on it. So I bought it. I love it so far. No mods YET except K&N air filter and took the air baffle out, going to adjust the timing, plan to put Flowmasters soon, pulleys, and a few other small mods. Then when the "new" wears off, I'm sure I'll be like everyone else.
Again thanks for the help.