MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2003, 08:20 AM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default headlight problem

standard 55w bulbs, work fine, when i turn on the high beams they shut off, pretty sure the bulbs are ok. i know the car used to have aftermarket 80w/100w bulbs. the connector/clip that plugs into the bulb is a little melted and warped, is that my problem? where can i pick one up besides a junkyard?
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:29 AM   #2
TMASTER
Registered Member

Default hmmm

First of all what lights are going off when you turn the high beams on???

If your talking about the fog lights going off when turn the highbeams on, that is normal for GT's from the factory. There is a way to bypass the circuit, so you can have manual running fog lights with the same switch.

Second of all, if the head lights are going off when you turn the high beams on, that means you need dual element bulbs for the head lights, or your highbeam elements are burnt out, and you need new bulbs.
TMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

yeah, when the high's are turned on, the headlights go off, parking lamps stay on. can that connector be to blame? probally the bulbs....

also, if i put my for lights on along with my regular headlights, after about 30 min, my headlights will start blinking on and off for a few seconds then the headlights and fogs will shut off. when i turn the fogs off the headlights will come on again after a second or two. what gives?
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote