MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
PonySpirit
Registered Member

Default Alarm wiring

I am trying to wire up a DFS alarm for a Pioneer head unit in my 2000 Mustang GT convert. and have a couple issues.

I want to wire the disarm lead to the line that receives the signal from the keyless entry transmiter. I don't want to wire right to the door lock line otherwise when the top is down the alarm can be disarmed simply by hitting the unlock button. On the other hand I want to be able to disarm the remote with the key fob ( in addition to the other disarm triggers: start of ignition and attachment of faceplate ). This is why I need to find where the signal is received from the key fob and wire there.

I read in a different thread that circuit city can print out a keyless entry wiring diagram that might be what I need if it isn't just door lock and dome light lines. Oh yeah need to find which wire is the dome light line too for triggering. There's a few line's going to the rear view mirror ( which serves as the dome light do hard tops have an actual dome light on the roof I don't remember )

Thanks!
PonySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote