View Single Post
Old 01-03-2001, 05:35 AM   #12
redyj91
Registered Member

Hey all, yesterday i put a new head unit in my 97 cobra, replacing the factory mach 460. First problem my base speakers dont work now, high's work fine but no base (the speakers arn't butting anything out [stock]) I suspect this is because i had to bypass the factory amp. The way the wireing harness runs factory is from the ford non-premium harness to a special harnes that goes into the amp and also goes someplace into the dash (guess for amp power and stuff?) the amp is tiny by the way, about 4x6" 2 inches high. Then from the amp it goes up into the factory mach 460 head unit using a dif. connector from either the ford premium or ford stock, this same harnes also connects to the cd player. Problem i ran into was i had to go back to the wires before the amp for a harness that i could get a plug for. thos wires where factory stock stereo, not premium (that is two 1 row connectors, one for speakers, one for power, illumination, amp power, ant. power, etc.) one black, one gray. When i plug into this i dont get anything out of the larger speakers (i have two small ones on the a pillar, two big ones in the door two smalls by the back seat, two bigs by the back seat and a sub somewhere. All the small ones work. BTW: the head unit is the Alpine CVA-1005 Multimedia display system (6.5" screen retracts into the dash, pretty cool) puts out 40x4. But i have preamp outs up the yang. (uses a box under the front seat for break outs and inputs for video/audio devices.

Can anyone help me figure this one out?

Mike

BTW: also looking for a way to bypass the parking brake/foot brake lock out of video display wile driving (dont wanna have to run all the wires to the brakes)

------------------
97 Black/Black Cobra Convertable
Compleatly Stock But not for long
redyj91 is offline   Reply With Quote