View Single Post
Old 07-31-2001, 09:08 AM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by KidNotch4793:
...The 2 RCA connections on the back of the HU should be labled "Front" and "Rear" So your gong to want to run 2 RCA cables from that connection to your amp then run speaker wire from the amp to the speakers...
Hmmmm... So those two RCA outputs go to channel 1 and 2 on the amp? Those two alone carry required audio to go to front 2 speakers and back 2 speakers, for example, red one for front two speakers and white one for back two speakers?

So I don't hook up the colorful wires? Do I bypass the audio harness that came with the car (and not use the one coming from the head unit) and just go directly to the speakers from the amp?

Why aren't there 4 RCA outputs coming from back of radio? I would think one for each speaker and they would go into the 4 RCA inputs on the amp, but I guess not.

BTW, I only have four speakers in my car (factory): 2 3" speakers in front under dash pad (not in doors) and 2 6x9s out back.

Bear with me everyone, I feel I am getting closer. I know it can't be as hard as I (or my car) is making it.

(I hooked up the sound system again from scratch but something was totally off that's why I decided to draw a diagram and ask you guys again.)

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 07-31-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote