MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2001, 09:51 PM   #1
66RedConvertible
Registered Member

Question Audio and Security Questions

Hi! Glad to find this resource.
Two questions for you more experienced folks out there.

SECURITY QUESTION:
I'm restoring my 66 convertible and some jerk keeps stealing my right fender pony ornament. It's happened twice in 3 months. Although I'm tempted to wire my battery to the ornament bolts to shock the bugger next time he tries, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good security system that's 1) sensitive to even slight vibration and 2) whose installation won't ruin my car.

AUDIO QUESTION
Right now I have only a single speaker (mono) in my dash. Are the kickpanel speakers in the NPD/ Mustangs unlimited catalogues any good? I think they go for $129/ $125 per pair-- but is it better to get the kick panels with cut-outs for speakers and getting speakers separately? I don't have a bundle to spend, but I want to make a wise investment.
Any thoughts you have are VERY MUCH appreciated!
Thanks!
66RedConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

What I would do to protect that little pony is maybe drill a hole in it and atatch a star screw in it. I hate it when people like to steal of olderstang some ******* stole my front windshield moldings off my 67' fastback I was pissed. As for the kick panels I think they are over priced for the quality of sound you get. What I did on my stang is I constructed once out of fiber glass and covered them with fabric. They look idententical to the Q logics that are sold for 200 bucks and I only spent about 30 bucks on them. The sound quality is great because they are angled to the so called sweet spot (about 45 degrees). On my stang I built everything for it and installed every component. 2 fosgate xlc tens fostgate amp jbl amp mtx crossover panasonic changer fosgate 4x6 mids panasonic dvd player. as for alarm I did it on my own also shaved the key inserts on the doors and trunk and also the door openers. Installed electric trunk and door locks power windows and door poppers. at one push of a button I can unlock the doors open the trunk roll down the windows pop the doors open and comming soon I'll be able to start the car also....These devices come in handy for first dates really impresses the chicks...not too bad for an old car huh.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: