MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
Mark Mullins
Registered Member

Unhappy Bad Amplifier/Battery Drain

I have a 95 Mustang that I bought new. Ever since I bought it, if the car sat for a few days the battery would die. In the winter if it sat for a single day it would die.
Through numerous trial and errors I have narrowed the drain to the radio amplifier.
I have unplugged the radio and left the amplifier in and the battery was drained.
I unplugged the amplifier and no battery drain.
Has anyone had this problem before???
If I goto a junk yard, what fords have the same amplifier???

Thanks,
Mark Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
worked95
Registered Member

Default Re: Bad Amplifier/Battery Drain

In my '95, the ignition switch is very sensitive (maybe broken). Even though I can pull out the key, the ignition is in the ACC position. In this position my amplifiers were left on overnight and resulted in a drained battery.
I'm wondering if your amps are powered all the time when the ignition is in the ON or ACC mode. My amps have a remote on/off that is controlled by the head unit (Kenwood) so if I leave the radio "on" and I turn off the ignition, and I'm not careful, the ignition is actually in the ACC mode and my amps stay on...resulting in a drained battery.

Worked95
worked95 is offline   Reply With Quote