MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-17-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Yvelone
Registered Member

Question Bad door speaker in 2000 Mach 460

I am new and not yet mechanically savy. I have the 460 in my 2000GT. I am getting and awfull sound comming out of one of my door speakers. I suspect either something has fallen inside the cone or it is broken.
What is the best replacement speaker?
Are they non standard impedance?
And....hmm is there a trick to getting the door panel off? I tried but was afraid that something was going to break.
Yvelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
Pyromaniac79
Registered Member

Okay, I had this problem with my '94. I was going to put in after market speakers because my passenger door speaker (lower 6x8) was crackling, but the 6x8's run off an amp that has a cros over in them. So if you want after market you need speakers that are only woofers (one way), if you look all the after market speakers are 2 way or 3 way (have even seen some 4 way). So you will have to buy component speakers (woofers and tweeters) and they run about $200 for a set and if you want to do all (front and rear) you will need 2 sets. So I bought a ford replacement and it was $39.13 total. To get the door panel off, remove door locks (plastic pieces that go up when unlocking) they just screw off, take cover off upper speaker just snaps off. then pull the plastic piece with the switches on it, you'll have to pull the top out a little then lift. then take the 2 screws that hold switch plate on off. There is one retainer at the front bottom of door, you'll need a puller, or be carefull and you can use a screw driver. Then lift up and out at the top, becare ful of the handle and panel comes off. For more info on Mach system go to www.flemworld.com and click on Mach 460.
Pyromaniac79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: