MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-01-2003, 07:19 AM   #1
11Sec_Lx
Registered Member

Default Can I run a 4-ch. amp and just dash and door speakers thru my factory cassette?

I have a 93' with "Premium Sound", am/fm cassette and the standard dash, doors and rear deck speakers. The rears were removed for roll bar access. I wanna add a JL 4 channel amp and a set of MB Quart 3-1/2"s and 61/2's" and run them thru my factory cassette player, basically for security reasrons. Anyone see a problem with this? I am expecting the there to be some work to get the 6-1/2s" in the door. If you could tell me what I might need to get it all hooked up and working, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

10.79 @ 125.76 @ 3500lbs (Granny-shifted, on rev limiter last 100')

508 RWHP S.A.E / 471 RWTQ S.A.E

22.79 mpg - Highway
16.0 mpg - Mixed, with a little w.o.t

My Pics

April 05' - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Feature Car
December 05' - Ford Builder Feature Car
2005 5.0 Mustang "King of the Street" competitor
11Sec_Lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I've seen 6.5" speakers fit into the stock opening on fox bodies, but I'm pretty sure the larger magnets of the MB Quarts will require some work. A spacer made out of MDF should do the trick, although you might have to ditch the factory speaker grills.

You CAN wire the factory head unit into the amp. Just use the speaker level imputs, splice your factory speaker wires into them. However, I think it's a waste just buy quailty componets and then use the factory HU. The sound quality of a nice aftermarket HU will make your set up so much better.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote