MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-29-2001, 09:34 PM   #1
gt93mustang
Registered Member

Post Headlamps and foglights don't work. Please help with wiring.

Well, if its not one thing, its another. I just replaced my head gaskets due to detonation with a blower and when I got everything back together, I found out my headlights don't work anymore. The parking lights still work, but no headlights or foglights. Did I miss a ground somewhere? What should I check for? How could I trace back power from the headlights to the source of the fault? Any help is greatly be appreciated.

------------------
MAC equal length headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, 373's, March ram-air kit, underdrive pulleys, 73mm MAF, 75mm TB, Saleen Intake (ported), Edelbrock 6037 heads (ported, polished, 3 angle valve-job 255CFM @.500), 1.6 FMS RR's, Wolverine 1087 Cam, 24lb injectors, MSD 6AL, Subframe connectors, Griggs Adustable Lower Control Arms, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, SSM Upper Control Arms... and probably some more in there I forgot
gt93mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

If it's not one thing it's another...so how'd the head gasket swap go besides not having lights now. Did you take any electrical connections off to move stuff out of your way? I think the lights are fused, but you probably already checke that. I'm not to up on electrical issues, but I can look in my book and fax you the pages tomorrow if you need them , let me know.

I have to hook up a couple more electrical things and the car is ready to fire tonight!!! It's about time.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 04:41 PM   #3
gt93mustang
Registered Member

Hey Rick... Yeah, the head gasket swap went just fine and everthing is running great (except for the lights of course). Yeah, if you could take a look in your book and possibly send me the pages, that would be great. I am going to take a very closer look at it tonight nad see what I have messed up now.

Is there any way you can get sound clips of yours when you get it running? I would love to hear that beast! Thanks again for all of your help.
gt93mustang is offline   Reply With Quote