MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-01-2003, 03:05 AM   #1
GTMustang96
Registered Member

Default I need some help on what other mods i should so to my stang

As i have mentioned i have an off-road h pipe, mac undersrive pullies, bbk cold air intake, and a jet chip. What other mods should i do to my stang now? All suggestions would be helpful. I have ordered 4.10 gears but other than that i dont know what else to do. Thanks.
GTMustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Smile

It might be helpful to get some subframe connectors to stiffen things up a bit. If you're getting gears I would also suggest getting an aftermarket shifter. I personally have the B&M Ripper but there are tons of quality shifters on the market today.

You said you have a chip so you probably have an auto. If you do have a 5 speed you definately won't want new gears without a new shifter.

You can never go wrong with the ol' K&N and removed silencer combo either.

Another thread had mentioned the UPR timing adjuster. I've been away from the scene for a while so I'm not quite familiar with UPR's version but it might be compatible with your MAC Pulleys. The trick, though, is not to load up on all the cheap go fast goodies and save up for some new heads and intake or take the plunge into a supercharger. Our 96's mods paved the way for the more powerful versions in the Stangs today but are very weak and choked off in stock form.

Just my .02

Stefan
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
explicitone
Registered Member

I would get some tires and upper and lower control arms to help with traction now that your going to have 4.10s your going to have some traction problems just remember all power in the world does nothing at all if you cant get it to the ground

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote