MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-23-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
qtlaw
Registered Member

Default Improved Sound for 66 Conv Needed

I put a USA-1 and the custom kickpanels with reg speakers in my 66 convertible and the sound is awful, tinny, no bass, distortion. I don't want to spend a ton of dough, so am thinking of replacing the speakers, adding subwoofer in trunk and an amp. Any suggestions on (1) new speakers which will fit kickpanels, (2) subwoofer and (3) amp? Thanks.
qtlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:43 PM   #2
srv1
Get down.....

yeah. get seperates for the front(e.g. tweeter and midrange are sperate) the rear get a bass cannon or a sealed box with a 10 or a 12. you are going to need amps.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:52 AM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

ok, lets get this party started

ok, for lets address speakers. I would suggest a set of components(i.e., separate woofer
and tweeter). How much are you looking to spent on speakers? I like the MB Quarts and
Alpine Type R's.

Your for sure gonna need a amp....I would run two(just get a distribution block). A 4
channel amp for the mids and highs and a mono channel amp for the sub/subs. Some
good amp brands for the money are MTX, Lighting Audio, HiFonics, and JBL. For a sub
amp I would suggest a JBL 300x1 for you combo, paired with a single 12" sub.

For the sub, it's all a matter of how much money you want to spent. But for a good
compromise between sound and price I would suggest the Kicker Comp VR, the JL
Audio 12W3, or quite honestly, IMO, the best sub on the market today for the price(the
subs I wish I would have go), the Adire Audio shiva. They're only $125 each from
www.ampman.com. I know, I know you've never heard of them. Well TRUST ME, they
ROCK!!! Just go to some places like www.sounddomain.com or www.elitecaraudio.com
and ask about them in the forums. Check them out at www.adireaudio.com, they're ugly
but they kick ***.

The above listed items will give you a nice SQ.(sound quality) system. It all boils down
to how much money you want to spend.

If your interested I'm selling some of the items from my system. I'm selling my HiFonics
amp. It's a Taurus 50x4. It has it's share of nicks and scratches, but it works well and has
lots of features like high and low pass cross overs, that can be adjusted independly
between channels 1/2 and 3/4, and a bass boost that's adjustable from 0dB to 12dB. I'll
sell it for $50 plus shipping. I've got pics.

I'm also selling a 12" Kicker Comp VR 12 that I bought new about 3 weeks ago, I haven't
even opened it yet. It's dual 4ohm. I'll let it go for 140 shipped(i.e. I pay shipping for the
sub). It's new in the box and unopened.

If you want more info or have any more questions you can contact me at
tireburner963@aol.com or IM me, my SN is tireburner963.

Pretty much anybody on the board can vouch for me.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: