MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-20-2004, 08:08 AM   #1
Jason1320
Registered Member

Default JL Stealth Box

Has anyone tried the JL Stealth box for 00-04 mustang coups? I'm tired of the speaker box in my trunk taking up all the space. I have only found two pre-fab sub boxes on the market, the JL and the MTX. I was able to hear the MTX in the store but not in a car and I can't find a JL to listen to, they don't order then until someone wants one.

I have explored the idea of having one built, but all the estimates I get take up the whole trunk. Does anyone have a good suggestion for good bass in a small space?
Jason1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
white00GT
Registered Member

Default Re: JL Stealth Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason1320
Has anyone tried the JL Stealth box for 00-04 mustang coups? I'm tired of the speaker box in my trunk taking up all the space. I have only found two pre-fab sub boxes on the market, the JL and the MTX. I was able to hear the MTX in the store but not in a car and I can't find a JL to listen to, they don't order then until someone wants one.

I have explored the idea of having one built, but all the estimates I get take up the whole trunk. Does anyone have a good suggestion for good bass in a small space?
I haven't heard either of the two combos that you are speaking of in mustangs. I have how ever heard them in different car (JL 2 10"s in an Accord, and 3 MTX 10"s in a comaro). The JL Audios blew away the MTX's. JL is my personal fav out of the two.

In my stang I've currently got one of my L7 12"s Solo-Barics pushed by a punch 1000 w/2farad cap. Given the air space and things of that nature; my car is louder than my friends Yukon that has one of the new titanium L7 15" and one of the old round 15". My friends Yukon has won several compitisions with this setup.

So for bass in a small space I kinda like the L7's or L5's. Still kinda takes up trunk space, but I don't have that much anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (149.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-20-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
white00GT
Registered Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (160.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #4
Jason1320
Registered Member

I have a simalar setup. Two solo baric 10's (the round ones) pushed by a Phoenix Gold ZX500 (1000 Watts mono). The problem is they are in two seperate wedge boxes from my old truck. The take up all the space whereas the JL and MTX's designed to fit right behind the passenger side tire well. It doesn't have to be bone rattling, I just want to be able to hear it over the exasut!
Jason1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
white00GT
Registered Member

I think I'm familiar with the setup that you have know. It kinda sounds like you have yours like I had mine when I was running two Sony Xplod 12's in the wedge boxes. I had them laying down w/the small edges of the wedge twards the center of the car.

I had no trunk space what so ever; and to top it off I had two kicker comp VR 10's facing the rear of the car...that was fun.

If I've got the picture right; the JL and MTX boxes sound like the Mach 1000 style sub box. Which goes behind the pass fender well.

If this is the case, I'd make the call on which type of brand is your pref.