MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #1
ac97gt
Registered Member

Default keyless entry

i was wondering how difficult it is to install a keyless entry system for my car, possibly with an alarm. an alarm would be a good bonus but what i really want is the keyless entry. unfortunately it didnt come with it from the factory, but i seem to remember hearing somewhere that these cars came with the wiring already setup for it? does this wiring (if it exists) let me hook up any keyless entry system i purchase, or does it have to be a ford one? either way, is there a place where i could buy a ford one (maybe used) cheap? any info. on this would be great, but mostly i just want to know if its a job that can be done in the driveway or if its worth the money for the install. btw my car is a 97 GT.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
Grayle
Registered Member

I'm not sur if all mustangs were wired for keyless entry. You could check by remove the trunk liner on the drivers side and checking for the three black connecters that hook up into the module box. If you have those, then you need to check if you have an antenna to receive your key fobs signal, that also hooks into the module box. If you find two white connectors, then you can install a ford anti-theft box. As far as getting the module box, check ebay under "Ford Keyless" or "Ford Module". You can also get the transmitters of ebay!! Good luck
Grayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: