MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2001, 02:25 AM   #1
shannon2461
Registered Member

Question MACH 460 rear speakers

A few days ago the rear speakers in my mustang quit working. When I turn all the sound to my back speakers, one of the speakers you can hear the sound but it's really low. And the other speaker has no sound at all. Also When I crank my car up the back speakers make a loud static noise and then just go blank

I talked to a man at a car stereo shop and told him my problem and he said that my amplifiers had blown out. This would cost me about $1000 to fix.

I'm having a hard time believeing this.

So if anyone has any ideas on what might be the problem with my speakers or amp, please write me. Also it would be nice if you can give me an estimate on how much it would cost to repair. Hopefully not $1000 dollars.

Thanks, Shannon
shannon2461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
Power
Registered Member

Well, unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the Mach 460 system. My initial guess would be that either the pre-amp inside the headunit is dead, or if you have an external amp pushing the back speakers, that your external amp is dead. The quote on fixing it seems a bit high to me however. I had the pre-amp go on my pioneer head unit several years ago and it cost me $300 (all out of pocket, no warranty). I'm not sure why he would have quoted you 1000 bones unless the 460 head unit is much more expensive than I imagined.

Try getting a couple different estimates on repairs just to be sure.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 07:51 AM   #3
Harry
Registered Member

I would have to agree with Power on this. You can buy a pretty decent aftermarket system and have it installed for $1000. I would try taking it to a couple different shops and get their opinions.

------------------
See my 1985 Mustang GT
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote