MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
SleeperGT
Registered Member

Default Problems Solved....Finally!

I have had a whole litany of problems created and discovered when I did my last upgrade, which was a 90 mm Lightning MAS, Anderson Power Pipe and new Diablo. Plus when everything was taken apart for the changes it was discovered that my supercharger was leaking oil due to an impeller seal which had gone bad. Also when the car was taken apart to put it back to stock while the chip was being correct and SC fixed it was discovered that my timing cover was badly cracked. My original problems after the upgrade were the check engine light would come on after hard accelerations, very bad driveability as the car would surge under moderate throttle, I had detonation issues over 4500 rpm's and my speedo was screwed up because they forgot I had 3.73 gears. After two more chip burns and going back to the stock MAS the car is running GREAT!! Feels just as powerful as before with all the issues FIXED!! HE-HA!! Also, Vortech was very responsive in correcting the bad impeller seal and it was fixed under warranty. I hope to go to Gainesville on Saturday the 18th for their winter day time test and tune to see how the car is really running. The folks at the shop were great for sticking with correcting the issue and working with Diablo to get everything corrected. Plus they gave me a full refund on the Lightning MAS, even though I ran around with it for 2 or 3 months.
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's