MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2002, 04:25 PM   #1
stevensmith
Registered Member

Question Security Systems

I want to install an alarm system with keyless entry in my 93 Mustang GT. Can anyone recommend a system, company, or distributor???

Old 04-05-2002, 07:46 AM   #2
montaz3
Registered Member

I personally use Circuit City for my security needs. I have a Viper 500esp with keyless entry and have no problems. If you do not have power locks, you will need to install actuators. I know that Curcuit City has these on hand for there installs. The 500 esp also supports remote start and will roll down your windows ( with power windows of course) if you want to spend some extra cash.
montaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:54 AM   #3
stevensmith
Registered Member

Lightbulb Circuit City

I didn't know Circuit City even sold car alarm systems. Do they install them too? How much do you think the system would cost if the vehicle is equiped with power windows? Thanks for replying!
Old 04-05-2002, 06:38 PM   #4
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

If you hop on www.crutchfield.com they have alarms for sale. I picked up a CrimeGuard 745i security system a year or two ago and i've been quite happy with it. Installation was a breeze (ok, a guy from my uncle's work helped and he used to install alarms for a living) but i'm sure that if you got the harnesses they have you would be able to install it yourself.
LxMustangRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:50 AM   #5
montaz3
Registered Member

I would say that Circuit City would charge about $350 or so to buy and install. I think I paid $200 for the alarm itself and then the install was extra. I did not go with the window add-on, but I know it is available. Most add ons are in the range of $50 - $100. Keep in mind I am working from memory because I bought my system 4 or 5 years ago, just keep having it transfered to my new car.
montaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: