Thread: Exhaust systems
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Man, this will spark some debate. Let me ask you some questions:

1 - What is your budget?

2 - What kind of sound do you want?

As a vert owner, who likes the classic muscle car sound, and a desire for a few extra hp, but not wanting to spend a fortune, I went with an SLP Loudmouth Catback.

You will get the most hp gain if you swap out the stock H Pipe for an aftermarket X pipe.

The SLP was $350 or so.

Visit www.mustangexhaust.com to listen to tons of sound clips.

Keep in mind that exhaust is a very personal thing...people like different things. The SLP, though, is generally considered to be the loudest catback mod on the market. However, if you add an off road X pipe later it will be unbearable. I find that I turn off the radio when driving on a nice day with the top down just to hear the exhaust.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote