View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 12:20 AM   #11
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Here's how i did it:
I ran one relay with the control being the parking lamps and the Power side going to the batt + w/a circuit breaker and to the lights to ground, so basically here's what you do (i got this off the corral article as well, which described it very well, i'm just giving an overview).

-On the control side, disconnect the normal fog light power source to the switch and remove the fuse for the fog lights.

Control circuit:
-Splice into the parking lamp circuit AFTER the fuse (so you don't have to add any extra circuit protection and this is safe because the control side of a relay draws VERY LITTLE power) and go through the fog lamp switch, through the control (coil) side of the relay and then to ground....simple enough for that side.

Power circuit:
-Have a lead from the battery go through a circuit breaker or fuse if you wish and then to the power side of the relay (which usually have larger wires anyway for identification and relays are also rated for amperage so make sure to get the right one for the amount of wattage you'll be running) and from the relay have two leads running to the fog lamps (make sure that the wires are a gauge large enough to handle the amperage) and from the fog lamps to ground.

Now you have reliable, safe fog lamps that come on with your parking lamps (make sure to have the correct wire size, circuit protection devices that match the current flow of the circuit).
Good luck,

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote