View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
deca
Registered Member

Default Re: StarGarD REMOVE SYSTEM EASILY!!! starguard star gard

After my Stargard key broke off today, I searched the web frantically for answers on how to get it replaced or take the device off. Didn't find anything helpful. After I made a few calls I located a very helpful service department. Here is what I was told...

The Stargard systems are bascially a big scam for autodealers to make money. He worked at a dealership, and they got them for under $15 and would charge up to $700 for installation which is why he left the buisness. Here is how simple it is to remove(remember, I am not a skilled mechanic WHATSOEVER).

unscrew the little key receptor from the dash(where the stargard key fits into and the red LED blinks).

Follow the wires to the box under the dash

There should be about 7-10 wires going from the receptor to the box and only 2 coming out the other side(the two on mine were significantly thicker wires). Cut those two wires right at the box....They are coming from the steering column where your ignition is. Make sure you give yourself enough length to work with.

Strip the ends off those two wires and twist them together and use one of those little electrical caps to make sure they are connected and won't short out.

The box should have two of the thin wires coming off it still and connecting under the dash and the steering column....one is the ground...simply unscrew it wherever it is connected. The "hot" wire is spliced into the wires by your steering column. I simply pulled it out as it had a little plug type adapter.

Start your car. It literally took me 5 minutes to do this procedure and I had not much of a clue what I was doing. I bought this vehicle used and had the stupid thing zip tied to the receptor to keep it from getting lost. It was always needing to be jiggled to make the car start. 6 years of trouble solved in 5 minutes. I hope this helps someone else out there searching for a solution to this terrible device! jsmith@georgefox.edu if you need any assistance.
john

star gard starguard star guard anti-theft ignition kill

Last edited by deca; 01-26-2008 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: fix title
deca is offline   Reply With Quote