MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
raulssilvermustang
Registered Member

Thumbs down I Need Help

I have a 2002 mustang gt w/ the mach sound system im trying to install myself a amp and subwoofers. the problem is that eveything turns on and i get the voltage on the amplifier and i also installed a capacitor and i get very nominal sound but i swapped the amp ino another car and it works perfectly in the other but in my stang i cant get any loud voice please help me can someone show me the stereo wiring harness colors and which one is what or the diagram in a website thanx
raulssilvermustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
flyboy
Registered Member

Default Re: I Need Help

I've installed alot of stereo equipment over the years in alot of different vehicles. I can't imagine it would be too different in your '02. The most recent mustang I've owned and played with (stereo wise) is a '96. I asume you've installed stereo equipment enough times before? I've been in a mustang with a mach sys. before but not torn it apart. Are you hooking up the amp just for the sub, or are you hooking up the other speakers to the amp as well? I generaly always use amps with the RCA inputs instead of 'line level' inputs, you get alot better quality sound with the RCAs. I think I have to know a little more about how you are trying to wire up your system. Are you tying to use one of the speaker channel line levels out of the mach 1 head unit to power the amp? You need to tell me more for me to try to help, if I can. Every car I have had in the past I've always taken out the stock sound system and replaced everything with aftermarket equipment, including the head unit. But I'll try to help if I can.
flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
2001saleen181
Registered Member

Hi guys,
I just looked at the Mach 460 wiring diagram and from "My" deduction of the diagram, it looks like the "High" signals are powered by the head unit and the lows(bass) are powered by the amplifiers in the rear of the car.

It seems as one of the amplifier powers the front subwoofer and the other powers the rear subwoofer. Leaving the front highs and rear highs for the radio unit itself.

I found the Mach 460 diagram in one of the other threads.

I hope this helps.
2001saleen181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
2001saleen181
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001saleen181
Hi guys,
I just looked at the Mach 460 wiring diagram and from "My" deduction of the diagram, it looks like the "High" signals are powered by the head unit and the lows(bass) are powered by the amplifiers in the rear of the car.

It seems as one of the amplifier powers the front subwoofer and the other powers the rear subwoofer. Leaving the front highs and rear highs for the radio unit itself.

I found the Mach 460 diagram in one of the other threads.

I hope this helps.
Try this site:http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Article...d-Unit-11.html
2001saleen181 is offline   Reply With Quote