MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
Jason2525
Registered Member

Default Engine noise

I installed a clarion head unit in my car, and when I start driving, it sounds like I have a supercharger or something. The higher the rpm's, the louder the sound. Does anyone know how to get rid of this engine noise coming through the radio?
Jason2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
codybear
Registered Member

Default Re: Engine noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2525
I installed a clarion head unit in my car, and when I start driving, it sounds like I have a supercharger or something. The higher the rpm's, the louder the sound. Does anyone know how to get rid of this engine noise coming through the radio?

Get an 8 guage black wire about 18 inches or more longer attach 1 end to your decks ground wire then the other to a nice piece of metal near the steering column or on the side somewhere, what year is this car? I have an 86 and I took my stereo console off and there is 2 metal brackets 1 on ea side that pretty much stabalize the console and hooked a wire there
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:20 AM   #3
Meotchh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Get an 8 guage black wire about 18 inches or more longer attach 1 end to your decks ground wire then the other to a nice piece of metal near the steering column or on the side somewhere, what year is this car? I have an 86 and I took my stereo console off and there is 2 metal brackets 1 on ea side that pretty much stabalize the console and hooked a wire there
The solution to all noise problems is not "an 8 guage black wire about 18 inches or more longer attach 1 end to your decks ground wire then the other to a nice piece of metal near the steering column or on the side somewhere, what year is this car?"

The proper way to eliminate the noise is not to guess at it. First thing you want to do is determine the source of the noise. Do you have any external amps or just the head unit & the stock speakers?

Get back to us & list what else if anything is connected to the headunit. Yes that does include stock amplifiers, speakers, EQ's, converters, ect.

Meotchh
Meotchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
codybear
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meotchh
The solution to all noise problems is not "an 8 guage black wire about 18 inches or more longer attach 1 end to your decks ground wire then the other to a nice piece of metal near the steering column or on the side somewhere, what year is this car?"

The proper way to eliminate the noise is not to guess at it. First thing you want to do is determine the source of the noise. Do you have any external amps or just the head unit & the stock speakers?

Get back to us & list what else if anything is connected to the headunit. Yes that does include stock amplifiers, speakers, EQ's, converters, ect.

Meotchh.. no one said it was the solution to all car noise problems? assuming your not using junk equipment it will solve most problems may not all. I have this situation in 5 different cars and all were fixed by using a heavier ground wire to the deck. besides isn't the thread really old?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote