MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #21
Meotchh
Registered Member

Default Re: Answer All your Car Audio Qustions

Stock EQ? There is no EQ in a stock Stang.

The plug in harness for the 87-93 is very common. This is your best option providing someone has not already hacked the factory wiring. The harness can be bought @ any Radio Shack, auto parts stores, BBY, Circuit City, Crutchfield, & many Car Stereo shops. The plug in harness has all wires labled so it is simple for anyone with a basic knowledge of electronics & the english language to hook up.

Meotchh
Meotchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:04 AM   #22
scootro
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Meotchh]Stock EQ? There is no EQ in a stock Stang.

QUOTE]91,92,93 stangs did have that option!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #23
Meotchh
Registered Member

Really. I stand corrected then. I guess I need to do some home work on that. I have never run into one. Thanks for the correction Scooter.

Meotchh
Old 10-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #24
habelman
Registered Member

Ok i have 2 diamond audio 12's im getting my box specially made cuz even my 95 trunk is hella small any that has gotten a dual 12's box specially made and knows what they paid for it. and doesnt mind sharing please let me know. So i know around what im looking at
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #25
EvilSlug
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow5.0
I'm MECP Cert. and have a stang, so if you need help on how to run wires, poping noise in speakers, or anyting just e-mail me and i'll help you fix your problm.
You're not accepting e-mails on the board, though. Heh.

I've run into a problem with my 98 coupe that perhaps someone here can assist with and save me from having to run new wiring to all my speakers. Recently ripped out the stock deck and speakers, because the CD player died and finally gave me the excuse I've needed to buckle down and put all my spare gear into the thing.

Kenwood deck, Polk 5.25's, amp with just the right power to boost all 4 5.25's in a safe range and crossovers to cut the bass on em'. Seperate amp and sub with its own crossover, etc. All of it is functioning just fine, but I can't turn the gain up on my amp at all without getting some nasty midrange crackle.

I know the 5.25's will easily take even more power than the amp I've got pushing them without distortion, so that can't be the problem. (Hell, they're not up loud enough to even hit a distortion range when they start to crackle, anyway, for that matter.) For some reason, when I turn the gain on the amp or even the deck's volume up much, I start to get a nasty static in the mids. I can crank deck volume and the sub pounds clean, but the mids are completely goofed. I can't figure out what the heck's wrong with it.

So far as I know, I got a car with the non-Mach stock system when I bought it, but the system's almost acting like it had a crappy in-line amp built into the original wiring that I'm peaking out when I try to turn the gain up on my amp.

Any help is appreciated. I'm really trying to avoid having to rip all the factory wiring out and run new stuff just to get my speakers working proper.
EvilSlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #26
racerboy88
Registered Member

is there something called a ground cable replacement kit? All it is, is that you are replacing all the ground cables in the car with thicker gauge wires. My friend said there are some kits out there.

racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:05 AM   #27
chrismc101
Registered Member

Front Speakers In '86 5.0 Dashboard

The '86 5.0 GT I just pruchased had a premium system in it, cause when I got it; everything was removes accpet 6X9s in the hatch. Is it hard for me to remove the dash to in stall new speakers? And what size are the speakers does it run? I see three holes in dash, does that mean 3 speakers in the dash?

I have an Alpine head that I'm gonna run which puts out 45 watts/per channel. I'm not going for that totally BOMB system cause I LOVE the sound of a strong Mustang. I have a Audibahn 2-channel 75/per channel amp. I don't need the amp power for the head since it's putting out 45 per channel, so is this enuff amp power to run my 6X9s in the hatch and the front speakers and sound crisp, clean, and without distortion?

Thanks in advance fello stangers...
chrismc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:34 AM   #28
racerboy88
Registered Member

will work, you could use the deck to run the front speakers and use the amp to run the rear and maybe future subs.
I'm not an expert, so you might want to wait for an expert to reply

racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #29
Meotchh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismc101
Front Speakers In '86 5.0 Dashboard

The '86 5.0 GT I just pruchased had a premium system in it, cause when I got it; everything was removes accpet 6X9s in the hatch. Is it hard for me to remove the dash to in stall new speakers? And what size are the speakers does it run? I see three holes in dash, does that mean 3 speakers in the dash?

I have an Alpine head that I'm gonna run which puts out 45 watts/per channel. I'm not going for that totally BOMB system cause I LOVE the sound of a strong Mustang. I have a Audibahn 2-channel 75/per channel amp. I don't need the amp power for the head since it's putting out 45 per channel, so is this enuff amp power to run my 6X9s in the hatch and the front speakers and sound crisp, clean, and without distortion?

Thanks in advance fello stangers...
3.5 in the dash. The pad needs to be removed. It is easy to remove but if you are not careful it is easy tocrack & break it.

Don't believe for a second your deck is putting out 45W unless that is a peak rating. Alpine is nice but high power ratings on decks are stricktly marketing gimics. But personally I would run it on the 6X9's rather than wasting time using that Audiobomb. The Alpine should power everything just fine. If you had a high quality 50W amplifier I would say try it. It sounds like you would be happy enough just running off the Alpine deck. If not sell the audiobomb & buy something of quality & reliability.

Meotchh