MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Audio, Security, & Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
PadawanKakar
Registered Member

Thumbs up Installing a subwoofer and and amp need assistance

Hello People. I am installing a Rockford Fosgate sub and amp shortly. Any tips would be appreciated. I am keeping the MACH 460 system so I know I will need a line out connection. But what do you guys suggest for the placement of it as well as where should I install the power on wire?

I am going to get a box but I do not think a standard hatchback box will work. Because of the lack of space I am going with one 10 inch P2 punch sub.

PLEASE HELP
PadawanKakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
PadawanKakar
Registered Member

Default Re: Installing a subwoofer and and amp need assistance

test 123456789
PadawanKakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
RacerX
RacerX

as for placement of the amp i would either screw it to the box with some 1/2" screws, or to the back of the seat depending on the dimensions of the box. but if you're looking to save space get a sealed box you should be able to pick one up for 80 or 90 bucks. Now your mach system should have 2 amps in the trunk already, i am wondering if you cant just splice off of the power wire there? if anyone knows please enlighten...
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

You can buy line converters to use to splice into the stock amps. They will splice into the signal wires, and ave jacks to plug in your RCA's. I ran my power lead through a gap in the body panels in the engine bay, through the door opening, under the sill plate, then under the interior panels in the back seat. It came out from the interior panels under the seat cushion, and I just ran it around the seat into the truck. You could only see a few inches of the wire when the door was open, but could not see them at all in the interior of the car.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote